Platoons 1, 2, and 3
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

#1: Platoons 1, 2, and 3 Author: jockthesock PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:58 pm
    —
Is there a way using the abs files to restrict employment of teams in each platoon. eg:- a support plt, a armour plt and an infantry plt. I noticed in the BGroup ab that there are 15 columns grouped 1 to 5, 6 to 10, and 12 to 15, is there a way of locking this in?

#2: Re: Platoons 1, 2, and 3 Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:20 pm
    —
There's a way to suggest to the game on how to fill those unit slots in the BG requisition screen by type of unit like you mention in the Battlegroup file.

And I think there's an option to lock the requisition of units a la CC4 somewhere in the campaign file.

#3: Re: Platoons 1, 2, and 3 Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:45 pm
    —
Kanov is right but this will lock your units too. ie No possibilities to change out any teams by yourself.

I believe if you lock the BG's with the option in the campaign.txt the game will fill your for example tank "designated" slots with another unit type if there are no more tanks in the FP.

#4: Re: Platoons 1, 2, and 3 Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:47 pm
    —
ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
Kanov is right but this will lock your units too. ie No possibilities to change out any teams by yourself.

I believe if you lock the BG's with the option in the campaign.txt the game will fill your for example tank "designated" slots with another unit type if there are no more tanks in the FP.

I have seen that happened when the battlegroups were no locked too.

#5: Re: Platoons 1, 2, and 3 Author: jockthesock PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:44 pm
    —
Cheers for that, I guess I just wanted it both ways.

#6: Re: Platoons 1, 2, and 3 Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:04 pm
    —
jockthesock wrote (View Post):
Is there a way using the abs files to restrict employment of teams in each platoon. eg:- a support plt, a armour plt and an infantry plt. I noticed in the BGroup ab that there are 15 columns grouped 1 to 5, 6 to 10, and 12 to 15, is there a way of locking this in?

Yes the first part is possible. Locking this , I don't know about WaR because I do not own it and the workbook does not contain a campaign.txt file in which in TLD or LSA etc. you can lock the battle groups as in CC4. You should download the WaR workbook for details. http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4066  
Looking at LSA data I'd guess that it is part of the game, because of the way the point system and 'buying' of teams works. In TLD you can lock the BG slots by entering -1 in a slot and I assume that this works in successive versions as well. However, like I said, I do not own WaR and cannot confirm any of this.

#7: Re: Platoons 1, 2, and 3 Author: jockthesock PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:15 pm
    —
Acting on platoon Michael's tip, I've now downloaded Stock mod workbook and WaR stock mod. Had a quick try and seems to be running good. IA surprised me with their bazookas and I lost a couple of Panthers on the try out.

#8: Re: Platoons 1, 2, and 3 Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:25 pm
    —
jockthesock wrote (View Post):
Acting on platoon Michael's tip, I've now downloaded Stock mod workbook and WaR stock mod. Had a quick try and seems to be running good. IA surprised me with their bazookas and I lost a couple of Panthers on the try out.

Last year (or was it the year before that), I was trying out CC4 Classic, so I selected the Margaret battle and played as the Americans.

The battle took place in less than 10 minutes. My force was basically wiped out. I never saw any German Vehicles, or Germans for that matter.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1