Cannot play CC III, IV or V on Win 8.1 or Win 10
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Cannot play CC III, IV or V on Win 8.1 or Win 10 Author: Silverpen PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:54 pm
    —
All my CC games including (CC PITF, CC WAR, CC TLD and CC GTC) the patches and mods downloaded ,installed and played perfectly in Win7 and Win8. With Win 8.1 and Win 10
the games download, install and start but within minutes the game freezes while the battle sounds continue. After escape and exit I have tried using admin privileges and different
compatibility settings both on the computer and within the game itself to no avail.Does someone out there have a solution to this problem besides returning to win 8.0 or Win7?
Any and all suggestions would really be welcome. Thank you for your help.

Silverpen

#2: Re: Cannot play CC III, IV or V on Win 8.1 or Win 10 Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:41 am
    —
I've got GTC running fine on 8.1
GeForce 970GT card, i5 4790k chip, all standard stuff.

There's no reason for GTC to crash on you, try Matrix help forums.

#3: Re: Cannot play CC III, IV or V on Win 8.1 or Win 10 Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:49 am
    —
You could try running in windowed mode. Press CTRL and click CC.EXE and keep pressed while it is opening. You will see the options screen. Select windowed. If you enable auto-hide of taskbar, it is like full-screen mode.

#4: Re: Cannot play CC III, IV or V on Win 8.1 or Win 10 Author: Silverpen PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:56 am
    —
Thanks for the replies but still no solution to my problems.. Can anyone tell me what resolutions you are using on your computer and in the game resolution. I gather from your replies that the games I mentioned all play properly on your win 8.1 or win 10. Is this correct? What could be making the difference? Please help!

Silverpen

#5: Re: Cannot play CC III, IV or V on Win 8.1 or Win 10 Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:01 am
    —
I have Win10 installed and have a nvidia graphics card with a Realtek chip built into the motherboard for sound. I have to run in windowed mode; 1920x1200, but other than that it the games are working fine.

It is either a sound or video driver that is most likely your problem since based on what you said you are able to get into the game to start a battle so try to update them or roll back to an older version if you are running the newest.

#6: Re: Cannot play CC III, IV or V on Win 8.1 or Win 10 Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:31 pm
    —
- Reinstall game Smile. Maybe registry settings have been corrupted?
- See if all devices have proper drivers in the device manager, i.e. all the intel/amd/motherboard stuff
- Update your graphics/audio driver. Does not need to be the newest, it can be an older version that works better.
- Reinstall DirectX

#7: Re: Cannot play CC III, IV or V on Win 8.1 or Win 10 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:56 am
    —
So yea I'm now under the category of a Windows 10 user.
I have a 36" monitor but WAR will only load in windowed mode and the size of that window is as if I was playing on a 10" monitor.
If I don't load it in Windowed mode the graphics are all fouled up.

Is there a way to get it to go full screen?
The only difference is I went with a Samsung 32" monitor

I payed the full price back when WAR came out...it wasn't a beta testers freebie
I was NOT a beta tester for WAR
My PC Specs

#8: Re: Cannot play CC III, IV or V on Win 8.1 or Win 10 Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:00 pm
    —
Not familiar with windows 10 but I love to test and config stuff to get it to work, I can spend days doing this I dunno why I love it. Do you have window mode ticked in WAR options? I remember there was a way to get to options to un tick window mode. without starting the game, you had to hold a key down I will try to find it.

#9: Re: Cannot play CC III, IV or V on Win 8.1 or Win 10 Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:54 pm
    —
You could try lowering the resolution Windows runs at before starting WAR.

That would make all windows icons/text/etc. and the CC menu screens larger but will limit the in battle resolution. It would be best if it was set at multiple of 800x600 to keep the graphics as scrip as possible.

#10: Re: Cannot play CC III, IV or V on Win 8.1 or Win 10 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:08 am
    —
I also cant play Stock Mod.
Keeps telling me it cant find it.

How do I fix that?

#11: Re: Cannot play CC III, IV or V on Win 8.1 or Win 10 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:44 am
    —
It looks to me that maybe the /D switch might be the problem when it comes to Windows 10

If I use ModSwap the Mod installs and plays fine.

Is anyone else here using the /D switch for Mods on WAR with Windows10?

#12: Re: Cannot play CC III, IV or V on Win 8.1 or Win 10 Author: archeromaha PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:24 pm
    —
I cannot get close Combat 5 to even start.  Windows 10 tried all compatibility modes nothing.  All drivers are updated on 1080 TI running a custom computer but all standard stuff.
I can play close combat 3 but cannot connect for multi player.  
Does anyone have any idea what is going on with windows 10 and the close combat series?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions very frustrated.  A friend I used to play this 20 years ago and wanted to go again at this and we have all the CD's and nothing????

Thanks

#13: Re: Cannot play CC III, IV or V on Win 8.1 or Win 10 Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:57 pm
    —
Windows10 works with CC5.

Try running Windows 10 in safe mode and install/run CC5. If that works run Windows 10 in normal mode and turn off all background running applications and attempt to start.

#14: Re: Cannot play CC III, IV or V on Win 8.1 or Win 10 Author: robboh PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:01 pm
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
Windows10 works with CC5.

Try running Windows 10 in safe mode and install/run CC5. If that works run Windows 10 in normal mode and turn off all background running applications and attempt to start.

32 or 64 bit?

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1