CC4 Mapmakers unite!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 4: Battle Of The Bulge

#1: CC4 Mapmakers unite! Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:48 am
    —
Hi, anyone interested in making CC4 maps, how about we make this thread a place to announce your latest project.

For example, I redid Baugnez as Malmedy a year ago (time flies!)

Now I'm doing a map on Lanzerath from one of Pfc Michael's aerial photos. Status - 75%.

Ernie has already done Bullingen, Butgenbach, Ettelbruck, and now he's announced Bizory ! WooHooo Very Happy

Trois ponts has been done by Dreaded 88 years ago, it replaces Stoumont.

Anyone else interested? The goal is to replace any CC4 map that you don't like, and also a new strat map. I think the strat map is covered....

Hopefully, use an aerial or a good historical map, make a map of a nearby town that fits into the strat map.

#2: I'll Second that! Author: Ernie_M PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:16 pm
    —
Yes, that Malmedy map of yours is VERY good!

"Trois ponts has been done by Dreaded 88 years ago,
it replaces Stoumont"

Never seen or heard of that one...Where is it?

I believe that one could possibly create a whole new
CC4 game using towns that were passed over by
Atomic

#3: Re: I'll Second that! Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:37 pm
    —
Ernie_M wrote:

"Trois ponts has been done by Dreaded 88 years ago,
it replaces Stoumont"

Never seen or heard of that one...Where is it?

Its coded for CC3, but I converted it.

Ernie_M wrote:

I believe that one could possibly create a whole new
CC4 game using towns that were passed over by
Atomic

Exactly. Smile

#4:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:50 pm
    —
I can try but please dont expect much,or a fast completed map.
Sometimes I get so frustrated with the simplest of things like making a hill. Crying or Very sad

For possible map replacement to the current strat map how about:

Losheimgraben to replace Losheimgraben?
If you seen the areil youll know the towns not correcty depicted just remaned from the original game.

Stolzemburg to replace Gemund
In the hands of a good map maker this couls be a killer town to fight over.

Stavelot:
Much more fighting took place than at just the bridge.

Whos gonna do the strat map?
A key would be deciding first which maps you wanted and didnt.

Now if you want someone for research I can help with that no problem,unless you wanted elevations,then someone who lives overthere might be more helpfull.I can give a somewhat general idea but not very accurate im sorry

#5:  Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:16 am
    —
platoon_michael wrote:
I can try but please dont expect much,or a fast completed map.
Sometimes I get so frustrated with the simplest of things like making a hill. Crying or Very sad

Maybe, but your game graphics are great!

platoon_michael wrote:

Stolzemburg to replace Gemund
In the hands of a good map maker this couls be a killer town to fight over.

Interesting..hadn't thought of that one.

platoon_michael wrote:

Stavelot:
Much more fighting took place than at just the bridge.

Yes, weve both talked about that one before, it's on my mental list to do, but it wont be for a while Mad Anyone else is welcome to try.

platoon_michael wrote:

Now if you want someone for research I can help with that no problem,unless you wanted elevations,then someone who lives overthere might be more helpfull.I can give a somewhat general idea but not very accurate im sorry

How about historical descriptions in the btd files? Instead of the usual "Commander hold the bridge at all costs" text, a real description of historical fighting in the area would really add to it. Ernie's historical.txt files in some of his maps, and Bloody Omaha's btd's are like that.

#6:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:08 am
    —

Last edited by platoon_michael on Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total

#7:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:08 am
    —
NP

What town would you like to see done first?
I will send those images later today when i get home.

#8:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:26 pm
    —
One option that has always intriged me would be to have maps that cover maybe either two towns or a town and a half.

While the larger maps might be hard to fit for VET mod files (I think that could work though despite TT findings)

It would/could make for more interesting GC's with the timer set to off.
I belive Mafi has a tool that will allow one to cut and put two maps together although I have never used it.

I will throw together a screen shot in a few days to give a better idea on how it would look/work.

Who knows,maybe others would like the idea too.

#9:  Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:59 am
    —
I used Mafi's CC2 tool to shrink the CCM maps down to CC4 size, although you thought they were STILL too big! Crying or Very sad
It works great, no recoding.

#10:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:51 pm
    —
I'm sorry bro

I ment no harm.

Who knows maybe others will like it.

By the way im waiting on an answer from the one e-mail about BTD text.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 4: Battle Of The Bulge

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1