Focus on the close combat!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Art of Combat

#21: Re: Focus on the close combat! Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:50 am
    —
You can also edit the weapons data and lower the blast rating to avoid firing sabot or other AT ammo on infantry

#22: Re: Focus on the close combat! Author: Hicks PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:11 am
    —
Schmal_Turm wrote (View Post):
Hicks, you can get around that to a degree by putting the tank or AT gun into "ambush" mode so you have more control over what it is firing at. I have used that to have a tank not fire at infantry in order to have an AP round ready for a tank coming into view.

I've used the ambush and sneak commands to have tanks and field guns keep a certain round chambered, that works nicely. The problem that is when they already have a certain type of round loaded e.g. tank has sabot round loaded, ordered to fire on a tank - misses or doesn't penetrate. Move the tank out of los and it reloads another sabot round (makes sense). Set tank on ambush, infantry comes in range, uses sabot round. If there were a way to order a unit to extract then chamber a particular type of round it would have made some situations go a lot more smoothly. It makes sense for the unit to load a round that it deems appropriate - it's just not much help when a round is already chambered.

#23: Re: Focus on the close combat! Author: __Creeper__ PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:15 am
    —
Hicks wrote (View Post):

If there were a way to order a unit to extract then chamber a particular type of round it would have made some situations go a lot more smoothly.

I have ALWAYS wanted this! Actually I remember saying so probably more than once over the years.

Seems like a pretty simple feature, and my keyboard has like, 67 Keys, most have more.

Close Combat Series -> Art of Combat

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2