Trying to play original retail version on Mac OS X
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

#1: Trying to play original retail version on Mac OS X Author: ApacheFive PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:34 pm
    —
I remembered this great game and wanted to play it on my iMac running OS X 10.9.5. It will not install. I would assume I need to create a workaround or download something to help, but not sure what. Any ideas? Thanks.

#2: Re: Trying to play original retail version on Mac OS X Author: CloseCombatRob PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:49 pm
    —
The game was designed for old PowerPC Macs, it won't run on modern Intel Macs natively. The only way to play it is by using SheepShaver to emulate Mac OS 8 or 9, or use a program such as Vmware Fusion or Virtualbox to emulate a version of Windows.

#3: Re: Trying to play original retail version on Mac OS X Author: dj PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:00 pm
    —
Yes it is a pain to run the old CC versions.  Funny how the original games approaching 20 years old are superior to the new CC games.  The only improvement is for graphics slightly.  I wish Matrix/Slitherine would get a clue and develop for MacOS.  They do not want to spend a little extra money on development costs.

#4: Re: Trying to play original retail version on Mac OS X Author: bobbielidl PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:58 pm
    —
solution: macs are overpriced junk buy a pc

#5: Re: Trying to play original retail version on Mac OS X Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:56 am
    —
macs suck

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1