Tips & Tactics
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 El Alamein

#1: Tips & Tactics Author: al1977ukLocation: UK PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:30 pm
    —
Excelllent Mod, much better than the original game in my view.

Anyway, since the teams & weapons are quite significantly different to any other mod I've played, what tips, tricks & cunning plans have people used?

So far I'm only on the third round of battles, so for the most part I've only been up against poorly supplied Italian infantry.

I notice my guns & jeeps get hammered as soon as they make themselves known. Sad Any suggestions on ways round this?

Tia
Al

#2: Re: Tips & Tactics Author: Antifa PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:22 pm
    —
al1977uk wrote:

I notice my guns & jeeps get hammered as soon as they make themselves known. Sad Any suggestions on ways round this?

Tia
Al

This happens in most mods but moreso in El Alamein -- send inf units out first to find out what's there --or sacrifice a jeep by sending it directly into enemy territory and force the enemy to expose himself first. --or fire on positions where you thing enemy guns might be -- see if you hit anything. For all CC games I always keep my unit outines set to "cover" and wouldn't start a game unless all the guns and vehicles were green.

#3:  Author: Real.RomaniansLocation: Bucharest, Romania PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:48 am
    —
Protect guns with HMG set on defend. Regarding jeeps or any light vehicles, I usually hide, or send them to hide as fast as possible. A good thing is to use smoke screen from the very beginning until the vehicles find their hidding places. I play with Italians and I can tell you they have almost no armor, but they have some artilery. So spy the opponent and choose the right equipement. Use scouts for spotting the enemy artillery pieces, after that use your artillery, HMG and mortars to destroy enemy guns and afterwards clean the area with heavy infantry supported by armors. Placing artillery in the right places is not an easy task, but done in a clever way can lean the ballance in your favour regardless how many armor the enemy has.

#4: Tip & Tricks - Minefields?? Author: SlySmile PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:34 pm
    —
I know there has been some time since a post on this thread....but I've only just had a go at El Alamein....how do you clear a path through the great minefields...or is it just a case of sneaking through?[/quote]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 El Alamein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1