First Art Oo Combat Pre Alpha Screenshots - 03-10-2015
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Art of Combat

#1: First Art Oo Combat Pre Alpha Screenshots - 03-10-2015 Author: Sulla PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:02 am
    —
Hia Guys,

We have just added 8 screens to the screenshots page of the website. These are pre-alpha, so please bear this in mind.

The team page is also now live as is the about AOC page.

Art Of Combat - First Screens
http://www.tacticalartofcombat.com/screens.htm

The screens show how we are progressing, we also have the GUI underway, the Campaign strat map has now been passed to the artists. AI is being developed. Progress to date is good.

Team Page
http://www.tacticalartofcombat.com/team.htm

One of us will shortly add a post to the Dev Diary.

Hope you enjoy the screens and huge thanks to the team who are all working above and beyond.

Cheers - Sulla

#2: Re: First Art Oo Combat Pre Alpha Screenshots - 03-10-2015 Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:35 am
    —
Thanks for the update!

The picture shows the 3D well and hopefully is why it was selected rather top down. I assume top down is an option?

Edit: looking at the other pics there are some straight top down pics

#3: Re: First Art Oo Combat Pre Alpha Screenshots - 03-10-2015 Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:22 am
    —
This is great news. So early.
Keep up the good work. Be careful.

#4: Re: First Art Oo Combat Pre Alpha Screenshots - 03-10-2015 Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:40 am
    —
View Perspective is perfect, details are nice, keep it up this way guys...

#5: Re: First Art Oo Combat Pre Alpha Screenshots - 03-10-2015 Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:17 am
    —
Thanks for posting these screenshots. Looks like you are on the right track. I do hope a more zoomed out view will be available too.

#6: Re: First Art Oo Combat Pre Alpha Screenshots - 03-10-2015 Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:59 am
    —
Very Happy  We call it: "Det är kärlek" in Swedish! Fantastic work!

Mats

#7: Re: First Art Oo Combat Pre Alpha Screenshots - 03-10-2015 Author: Sulla PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:59 am
    —
Hia Guys,

We have been sorting zoom/scale/perspective out the last few days. We needed to have it finalised for art pipeline. Until we had views set we could not really make a big push on the art/animation/modelling front.

Ok, few questions answered. We have set max / min zoom height, so its an option what you use. Top down is one of the views you can use while playing, again an option. Perspective angle will also have 2 points so you can clearly delineate heights etc, ie: really use the 3D.

But Top down is as was always said my MickXe5, Senior_Drill, all the old players a MUST have, I agree, but we also want to make use of new technology to give you options. Soldiers will also be scalable.

Glad you like them, we are working hard and truly have an awesome set of guys.

Check the game website, features/team/screens.

http://www.tacticalartofcombat.com/index.htm

Glad we are on the right track guys. These are very early shots, but everyone is working very hard and we are listening!

More soon,

#8: Re: First Art Oo Combat Pre Alpha Screenshots - 03-10-2015 Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:57 pm
    —
Looks very similar to Men of War Assault Squad...

#9: Re: First Art Oo Combat Pre Alpha Screenshots - 03-10-2015 Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:59 pm
    —
Well we don't won't that. We need to keep it close combat looking. And hey! The pics look great.    I would keep top dow view, and only rotate occasionally.  Must also keep the game coding in line with cc. Can't wait to see fire and kia troops.

#10: Re: First Art Oo Combat Pre Alpha Screenshots - 03-10-2015 Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:02 pm
    —
Screenshots looks great Sulla. Top down is what gives me the good old close combat feeling:) - Different zoomlevels are good too.

#11: Re: First Art Oo Combat Pre Alpha Screenshots - 03-10-2015 Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:04 pm
    —
Men of War Assault Squad, at least in these pictures, tends be closer to the units and lower to ground than AOC. The key will be to balance or offer options so those who want  3D in your face large graphics can have them (which could attract new players) and those who want a zoomed out overview for better strategic/tactical movement/planning can.

To me it is the zoomed out view and a slower pace of play that makes CC more a simulator or tactical game as it avoids a click fest where those with the quickest fingers win over those that know the weapons and use good tactics.

#12: Re: First Art Oo Combat Pre Alpha Screenshots - 03-10-2015 Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:02 pm
    —
Working fast!!!!WOW!!

#13: Re: First Art Oo Combat Pre Alpha Screenshots - 03-10-2015 Author: Sulla PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:19 am
    —
Wow,

We will have to watch out for that, they look so alike Wink Shiny silver tanks, men running around like headless chickens. They could almost be the same game!

I will let the artists know, to make sure it has no other similarities to said game mooxe. Men of War: Condemned Heroes, a real tactical sim masterpiece. All our assets, men vehicles etc are being modelled from scratch. But you see what you "want" to see. Comparing early pre alpha shots to some blitzkreig or Sudden Strike wannabe is not even close to the reality.

Glad the most of you can see where we are going. Top down is v important as its the best way to play and moreover, control your units in a tactical game. The other views are options. As are the size of your men. We want to offer as much choice as possible, while retaining the tactical sim look and feel.

The team are doing great and I am proud of them. Will keep you updated as we progress.

- S

#14: Re: First Art Oo Combat Pre Alpha Screenshots - 03-10-2015 Author: dj PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:05 am
    —
Hi Sulla - appreciate your efforts with this.  In my opinion the scale is too large also the camera angle complicates that.  That is the big problem with 3D.  Perhaps a hybrid approach that is top-down or at slight angle that is 2D-like but has some added depth for buildings or hills.

#15: Re: First Art Oo Combat Pre Alpha Screenshots - 03-10-2015 Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:18 am
    —
Sulla,

The resolution of the screen shots are a bit weird (ex. top down 1353x911)? Is that because the UI elements were cut off as they are a work in progress?

What is the scale, pixels per meter, range zoomed out max vs zoomed in of the map? Of the men/vehicles?

I would like more pixels per man/vehicle to get better graphics but that needs to be balanced against the loss of range that I can see. In CC on my 24" monitor I play at 1920x1200 or 384m x240m as CC is 5 pixels per meter for the map (excludes GtC) and wouldn't want to  play again at 800x600 or 160m x 120m as that range is just too short for most weapons.

#16: Re: First Art Oo Combat Pre Alpha Screenshots - 03-10-2015 Author: Sulla PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:26 am
    —
Quote:
The resolution of the screen shots are a bit weird (ex. top down 1353x911)? Is that because the UI elements were cut off as they are a work in progress?

You got it.

Ok, OPTIONS. In AOC we are not deciding what you like. We are giving a range of zoom, [height] a range of perspective and orthographic. Soldiers will be scaleable, ie YOU CHOOSE exact size of your soldier to best suit you.

These are v early screens T, just wanted to show how we are progressing ;)

You will have no problems with viewing this on a 24 inch monitor at the scale you want.

Cheers - S

#17: Re: First Art Oo Combat Pre Alpha Screenshots - 03-10-2015 Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:16 am
    —
Thank you Sulla!

Definitely understand these are early screenshots. Having said that seeing these screen shots is exciting and I can't wait to see where this project ends up....

#18: Re: First Art Oo Combat Pre Alpha Screenshots - 03-10-2015 Author: Sulla PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:40 am
    —
Hia T,

This is going to be as good a tactical sim as we can make. We are trying for options in almost every place we can. We want the player to decide how he wants to play on several levels.

We are now working on the GUI, Battle and Campaign Structure, we already have strat map underlay for campaign sorted. Also working on combat system and AI. Things are coming together very well.

Reinforcements, working in conjunction with attacks on strat map.
Stacking BGs
Pre-deploy mines/booby traps/ sandbag emplacements, digging in etc.

Pretty much everyone is busy, also we are listening to what people want ;)

S

#19: Re: First Art Oo Combat Pre Alpha Screenshots - 03-10-2015 Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:12 am
    —
The maps look great.
Im a huge fan of the potential of destructible environment. Bullet casing, smoke screens, airstrike smoke, residue smoke, Dead, dying,destroyed tanks.  
Watching a beautiful map being transformed into a war zone could be really satisfying.
Good luck.

Im glad you don't want it to look like "other" games. There is a reason why im still with Close Combat.

#20: Re: First Art Oo Combat Pre Alpha Screenshots - 03-10-2015 Author: TheFjordFoxLocation: Sola PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:03 pm
    —
Gotta say, that looks pretty dang sweet!

Close Combat Series -> Art of Combat

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1