Problem with CfgV13
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Problem with CfgV13 Author: Treeburst PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:13 am
    —
Hello all. I have been using this plug-in manager for years. Now for some reason I can't install or uninstall plugins. When I try to uninstall the existing mod I get the message:

"Failed to copy system\packages\CC5Ardennes1.03 to C:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\CC5.exe(Error code=5)"

I found that the plug-in manager had a different drive address than it used to have. Somehow my computer has re-mapped my external hard drive, so it may have something to do with this.

Any ideas what I can do? I am thinking of deleting and re-installing both CC5 and CfgV13.

#2: Re: Problem with CfgV13 Author: CloseCombatRob PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:31 pm
    —
I have had a similar problem with CC2 CFG manager. Check C:\Users\Your username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore, sometimes it keeps the files there making it impossible to uninstall even if you reinstall the game, if you see anything there just delete it, turning off UAC can prevent it from moving files there, then after try reinstalling the game and cfgv13 and it should be fine, keep the save file if you need it.

#3: Re: Problem with CfgV13 Author: Treeburst PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:14 am
    —
Thanks, I'll try that. Cheers.

#4: Re: Problem with CfgV13 Author: silversword PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:02 pm
    —
I have a problem with creating CfgV13 itself!!!....windows (I have Cool, says that cannot even repack and open this folder((( have no idea-what to do!..Now I can forget my favorite mode - Red Storm ((( any ideas?...

#5: Re: Problem with CfgV13 Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:31 am
    —
Error Code 5 Solution

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=101#8

The solution was created for WindowsXP. It should work for modern versions.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1