How to find people to play multiplayer with?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: How to find people to play multiplayer with? Author: CloseCombatRob PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:08 pm
    —
Hello, I've played a lot of close combat before but only ever singleplayer, I have never played multiplayer but would love to try it out some time, I am probably no where near a veteran player but I want a bit of fun etc. How do i find people to play with and also how can i play it online? I have pretty much the original 5 CC games and have the latest 3 of the matrix games downloaded, although I'd preferably like to play CC2 as i'm a little more familiar with it than the later games, but any of the games is fine

#2: Re: How to find people to play multiplayer with? Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:51 pm
    —
game ranger it supports these games:

Close Combat
Close Combat Demo
Close Combat: Cross of Iron
Close Combat: Invasion Normandy
Close Combat: Invasion Normandy Demo
Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem
Close Combat: Modern Tactics
Close Combat: The Longest Day
Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein
Close Combat II
Close Combat II Demo
Close Combat III
Close Combat III Demo
Close Combat IV
Close Combat IV Demo

How to play securely through a firewall or through a router? maybe someone else can answer.. I myself have never tried.

#3: Re: How to find people to play multiplayer with? Author: CloseCombatRob PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:05 pm
    —
Problem still is finding people to play with however :D

And to answer your question maybe port forwarding? I know CC2 uses port 1945 by default so port forwarding that could potentially work for a direct connection via TCP/IP but can't be certain as never tried, and it seems to be a 50/50 chance of that getting mp working on older games which is why I mostly use hamachi for older games these days

#4: Re: How to find people to play multiplayer with? Author: mikwarleo PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:48 am
    —
Hi CloseCombatRob, if you start hanging out in game ranger you'll see other people playing from time to time, message them and add them to your friends and that way you'll see when they're online and can contact them directly for games. Somewhere on the forum here people have posted their gameranger ID's too, I think it might be in people's profiles also, you can add friends that way too and see when they're online.

#5: Re: How to find people to play multiplayer with? Author: sandman064Location: Nashville, TN PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:53 am
    —
Hey Rob, not sure when you play or are online but I will play some old school CC2 with you. I haven't played in a long time and always enjoy getting back into the game.

#6: Re: How to find people to play multiplayer with? Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:54 pm
    —
where are you located rob? and what time zone? game ranger is a good start. some of us are still lurking in there. I use hamatchi for playing some CC mods. LSA GJS is one.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1