Trying to get back into the game
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

#1: Trying to get back into the game Author: GaryChildress PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:49 pm
    —
I'm sort of getting an interest back in maybe playing this game after a long hiatus. I can't remember how to mod the game and I can't seem to find any of the old mods that used to be out for the CCMT. I tried to go to closecombat.org and the website appears to be down. Also the Matrix website that had most of the mods is also defunkt I believe. I looked in the scenario bank here but couldn't find much.

I would greatly appreciate any help anyone could give on how I may mod the Blue and Red Teams files. I seem to recall that there was a workbook or something that had to be DL and used to edit the files. Does anyone happen to have a copy of it?

Thanks for any help!

#2: Re: Trying to get back into the game Author: GaryChildress PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:00 pm
    —
Doh! Sorry, I found the CCMT workbook here on the site under the "Tools" section (I was looking under the CCMT section). Now I just need to figure out how to use it.  Embarassed

#3: Re: Trying to get back into the game Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:50 pm
    —
Hi Gary!

The mods are on CSO - the page was up earlier this week I believe.
I have modded CCMT a little bit - feel free to ask anything.
Text files: Edit in XL or other similar program, save the contents as text -tab de-limited? ( I am not sure what it is in English)

#4: Re: Trying to get back into the game Author: GaryChildress PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:03 am
    —
ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
Hi Gary!

The mods are on CSO - the page was up earlier this week I believe.
I have modded CCMT a little bit - feel free to ask anything.
Text files: Edit in XL or other similar program, save the contents as text -tab de-limited? ( I am not sure what it is in English)

Many thanks SchnelleMeyer! What I REALLY would love to do is see if I can mod some of the vehicle graphics in the game, possibly add some new vehicles or something. Is there a good tutorial anywhere on how to do that?

Thanks again!

#5: Re: Trying to get back into the game Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:53 pm
    —
See this thread for vehicle tips:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8238&highlight=mod+tanks

Basicly its unpack/repack .AZP files with RtB tool .

Graphics are 16bit .tga

All vehicles need a shadow and a wreck.

CCMT is cranky regarding soldier types and their position in the crew. See the original game files for placement of the soldier types.

I found a lot of good hints for making game graphics by watching Pixel art tutorials on Youtube.

Also this link: http://2dwillneverdie.com/tutorial/the-making-of-tekken-megaman-sprite/

#6: Re: Trying to get back into the game Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:59 pm
    —
This is also a way:  Make greyscale of the vehicle first - then apply camo layer:

Fennek_hull_10px_MSTR.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Fennek_hull_10px_MSTR.zip
 Filesize:  8.24 KB
 Downloaded:  525 Time(s)

#7: Re: Trying to get back into the game Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:41 pm
    —
Steel Panthers way of doing icons:

http://spwaw.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22728&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

#8: Re: Trying to get back into the game Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:08 pm
    —
GaryChildress wrote (View Post):
Doh! Sorry, I found the CCMT workbook here on the site under the "Tools" section (I was looking under the CCMT section). Now I just need to figure out how to use it.  Embarassed

quit editing and try to beat campaign on hard mode you rookie Very Happy

Welcome back.

#9: Re: Trying to get back into the game Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:26 am
    —
Gary, are you still here, or did you leave again.  Question

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1