Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#181: Re: winter war Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:18 am
    —
Schmal_Turm wrote (View Post):
That is so great work, southernland. There is a Finnish tank based on a T-26, I believe, would it be possible to add one of those?

The BT 42 is what you mean I think, was only available after the winterwar 42-44

My plan is to add captured tanks via reinforcement (not quite sure if its possible as I imagine) but if you hold out from reinforcing some units until a certain time, after that you will start receiving penny packets of captured armour

finnish-army-BT-42-assault-gun-parola.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  89.17 KB
 Viewed:  22290 Time(s)

finnish-army-BT-42-assault-gun-parola.jpg

#182: Re: winter war Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:12 am
    —
Thanks for the update.

I will give my opinion on the vehicles - the ones I like best have the details visible and they are Vickers 6t, t40, t28-39, KVII, BT-5, BT2.

Those with very hight contrast or near 100% black shadows I personally dont like.

Keep up the good work.

#183: Re: winter war Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:09 pm
    —
Nice Work Southernland. I especially liked komintern. I think, this is a tracked truck. Too bad, we won't be able to mount men on it or tow artillery with that version.  Smile

I liked the idea of getting captured vehicles.

#184: Re: winter war Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:05 pm
    —
Right southernland, it was the BT series that the gun was placed on.

Good detective work.

#185: Re: winter war Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:34 pm
    —
PROGRESS.

14/64 maps left to complete initial coding on, most of the vehicles remodded but not put back into the file yet

really running on empty with this mod now.

#186: Re: winter war Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:42 am
    —
How is the progress and motivation on the Winter War these days guys?

What was the final version of the Stratmap?

#187: Re: winter war Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:41 am
    —
Currently

5/64 maps remain semi-coded, the others are done and have some testing done
New tank made but not tested or finalized
strat - done all the graphics

Tejszd has ported the mod over to tLD with only a few minor glitches

So essentially it needs
-map testing (plus completion of 5)
-strat map working
-tanks converted to tgas and put into the tanks.azp
-xtra BGs added or current BGs broken down to fit the 64 map environment

Unfortunately I run out of mojo.  I was labouring a bit anyway but fell sick 7 weeks ago and still not better - coughinmg for 7 weeks with no end in sight.  Embarassed

I'm pretty much on the verge of pulling the plug

#188: Re: winter war Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:30 pm
    —
Thats great news! -So much work has been done on this conversion. SL you have to go see the doc and get well - 7 weeks coughing - Thats too long man.

Will Tejzd complete the work if you resign? - I really hope this one wont end up on the scrap yard...

If you want help or support for work or testing I am willing to lay down my projects to help out with this mod.

#189: Re: winter war Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:37 am
    —
southern_land wrote (View Post):

The BT 42 is what you mean I think, was only available after the winterwar 42-44

My plan is to add captured tanks via reinforcement (not quite sure if its possible as I imagine) but if you hold out from reinforcing some units until a certain time, after that you will start receiving penny packets of captured armour

That will work as LSA can add units based the date/turn. The player will not have to reinforce if you do not want them to....

#190: Re: winter war Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:38 am
    —
southern_land wrote (View Post):
Currently

5/64 maps remain semi-coded, the others are done and have some testing done
New tank made but not tested or finalized
strat - done all the graphics

Tejszd has ported the mod over to tLD with only a few minor glitches

So essentially it needs
-map testing (plus completion of 5)
-strat map working
-tanks converted to tgas and put into the tanks.azp
-xtra BGs added or current BGs broken down to fit the 64 map environment

Unfortunately I run out of mojo.  I was labouring a bit anyway but fell sick 7 weeks ago and still not better - coughinmg for 7 weeks with no end in sight.  Embarassed

I'm pretty much on the verge of pulling the plug

Great progress Southernland!

I hope you feel better soon!

#191: Re: winter war Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:55 pm
    —
Sweet!

#192: Re: winter war Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:03 pm
    —
Looks like Matrix finally removed me as a fan

Thats OK

Because how funny is it that CC can get a Mod before thy create a game.

#193: Re: winter war Author: southern_land PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:21 pm
    —
winter war is dead in the water guys.  seriously lacking enthusiasm

#194: Re: winter war Author: reconscoutLocation: U.S.A. PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:13 am
    —
Very sorry to hear that, I have enjoyed so much of your work in the past and was looking forward to this one. People like you have helped keep the game alive. The CC series of games are still my favorite after many years of playing them. CC3/COI being the best in my opinion.

#195: Re: winter war Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:24 am
    —
southern_land, I am really sorry to hear of your lack of enthusiasm to continue work on Winter War.  Maybe you will find a new spark after a well-deserved break.  Smile

#196: Re: winter war Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:04 pm
    —
Southern Land,

I'd like to thank you for the work you have done so far. As a Finn and it being the centennial celebration year of the independence of Finland, your work on this mod is appreciated.  Very Happy

#197: Re: winter war Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:27 pm
    —
I see southernland.
One even needs enthusiasm to play CC. I am generally pulled into it, after watching wwii movies. At one instance, I watched "Dien Bien Phu", then I was in great need of an Indochina War mod. Very Happy
"It would be great to see, you finish the mod one day.

Link

#198: Re: winter war Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:10 pm
    —
Its allright to get fed up. -  Take a break for a while - I hope the mod is not dead forever, as what has been shown of maps and graphics has been stunning ?

#199: Re: winter war Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:35 am
    —
I'm planning to revisit this mod shortly.  Sometime before Xmas I'll be off work for up to a month recuperating from surgery so will need something to do.  

So looking for help with the strat and the modding.

#200: Re: winter war Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:58 pm
    —
OK, so I took the offer to support SL and Tejzd with some work on this mod, namely the gruntwork of the stratmap. Make no mistake the graphics and design were done by SL.

The stratmap is currently working well in TLD, but need some polishing and touching up.
Here is a screen of work in progress on the debrief screen gadgets.

Debrief work.PNG
 Description:
DBScrnshot
 Filesize:  340.91 KB
 Viewed:  19357 Time(s)

Debrief work.PNG

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next  :| |:
Page 10 of 12