More 21 units in CC:GtC ???
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

#1: More 21 units in CC:GtC ??? Author: Argon2020 PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:05 pm
    —
During a battle command up to 21 units ranging from teams of infantry to tanks.
Is it possible to make more than 21 units in the game?
Why the restriction in unit 21?

Large maps, few units. No large scale battles, at least at the division level.

Why developers game CC VI: GtC don't make a new patch that was more than 21 units, e.g. 100 units, or no restrictions.
All fans СС and moddingfans of the game Close Combat would have been very pleased with this.

#2: Re: More 21 units in CC:GtC ??? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:42 am
    —
Don't think you could handle a 1oo units properly in battle on a map....

#3: Re: More 21 units in CC:GtC ??? Author: Argon2020 PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:28 pm
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Don't think you could handle a 1oo units properly in battle on a map....

I 10 units. AI could handle a 90 units properly in battle on a map.  Smile
For others cope AI.
There are large-scale battle simulations on large maps.
In GtC Large maps and 21 units max. Few.

e.g. Men of War

Link

Link

Link

Last edited by Argon2020 on Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

#4: Re: More 21 units in CC:GtC ??? Author: Argon2020 PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:29 pm
    —
e.g. 126 units

#5: Re: More 21 units in CC:GtC ??? Author: Argon2020 PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:36 pm
    —
"IDA pro"  have not found the code in the file CCE.exe is responsible for 21 units.

#6: Re: More 21 units in CC:GtC ??? Author: Argon2020 PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:43 pm
    —
Game developers let leave everything as it is, let them remove the restriction of only 21 units . More units for modders.

#7: Re: More 21 units in CC:GtC ??? Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:29 pm
    —
That many units would make it too chaotic to play. I find the 21 units in GtC sometimes too much. You just can't keep track of all those units. It would be useful only for multiplayer with several players per side.

#8: Re: More 21 units in CC:GtC ??? Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:35 pm
    —
I experienced while playing CC that it is more important how much action is going on the battlefield during the game is more important than the number of teams you control. I would prefer a commando battle, where I only command 1 or 2 teams or at most 3 against several enemy teams.
For Example: I actually removed friendly teams while playing CC5: SAS mod, so that I only had 2 SAS teams and one US command Team. It was more enjoyable then.

#9: Re: More 21 units in CC:GtC ??? Author: Turnipsi PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:15 am
    —
True, small-scale desperate skirmishes are interesting and easy to arrange with just a few unit slots. However, division, corps, army and even army group size operations depicted in CC games are not only about small unit missions. There should be also full-scale company(+) battles involved.

Currently at best you get a company(-) strong troops reinforced with some company/battalion and higher level support elements. But with mechanized units the situation is even worse. Mech infantry platoons don't differ much from the regular infantry due to lack of their half tracks. And that's solely caused by the limited unit slots. 21 slots is generally simply too few to form a decent fighting force.  Sad

However, I guess 100 slots per side is perhaps too much. I think ca. 30 slots for infantry units and around 50 slots for armored units would be nice.  Wink

I admit it can sometimes be tricky to control all units in the heat of a battle. But I wouldn't mind at all if the amount of slots was doubled or more. And I definitely don't regard myself as a hard core gamer.  Wink

As we know, it's extremely unlikely CC developers will change the maximum unit limit for published games. But to be honest, I don't have high hopes about the unit slot increase for future releases either.

So Argon2020, I encourage you. Keep on trying and let us know if you crack the code for our slot dilemma.  Smile

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1