Artists that made Close Combat
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#21: Re: Artists that made Close Combat Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:39 pm
    —
Those renderings of the R35 and H39 remind me of some of the Auburn rubber toys my brother and I played with in the sandbox back in the late '50s.

#22: Re: Artists that made Close Combat Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:34 pm
    —
Nice! Those are still cool! - Might be the top secret prototypes for an American Stug right there:)

#23: Re: Artists that made Close Combat Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:52 pm
    —
Jason French ( http://www.jasonfrench.org/?page_id=112 ) Worked on CC3 and CC4.

According to his site his main task on CC3 was programing of networking and tools. Interestingly he converted map tools related to terrain coding: "Including the map generation tool, which allowed the artists to define what each section of the pre-rendered map is for the game system."

Several interesting screenshots posted on his site shows off map textures or designs that didnt make it into the final game.

On CC4 he worked on programing the Tactical AI and online features. He also designed and integrated the Strat layer and several features connected to it.

battle3_big.jpg
 Description:
Moscow1 prototype textures
 Filesize:  351.3 KB
 Viewed:  2038 Time(s)

battle3_big.jpg

battle1_big.jpg
 Description:
Izyum1 prototype textures
 Filesize:  319.93 KB
 Viewed:  2038 Time(s)

battle1_big.jpg