Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

#1: Great War mod Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:34 am
    —
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=372

GW mod updated, details on the link.

For the average player these days the mod was pretty confusing to get going. I've cleaned it up and made it simpler to install.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=148

#2: Re: Great War mod Author: sod98 PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:12 am
    —
I haven't played this Mod so I'll give it a go - cheers.

#3: Re: Great War mod Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:01 am
    —
great effort, thanks. It was really a pain to get things going without plugin.

#4: Re: Great War mod Author: sod98 PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:29 am
    —
Very easy to install, thanks again.

#5: Re: Great War mod Author: Cobalth-77 PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:05 pm
    —
Have trouble to open the patch3.0b.zip file.

Error:" C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Patch3.0b.zip: Cannot create cc30b.exe
        Access denied "

Can someone tell me how to fix?

Thank you.

#6: Re: Great War mod Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:10 pm
    —
You have to unzip to a different folder, I suggest desktop. The error is basically telling you you dont have permission to unzip that file in that folder.

#7: Re: Great War mod Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:16 pm
    —
I had a lot of problems just running CC3. Running with compatibility mode or as administrator did not help consistently, not sure if those settings helped at all actually. Usually the game would fail to launch, I would then have to stop the game using Task Manager, then the second time it would load up fine.

#8: Re: Great War mod Author: Cobalth-77 PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:51 pm
    —
Was able to unzip it now to indeed another folder.

But when trying to install the patch got this error: "EBUSetup: File L:\Hotsetup\Engine3\Util.cpp,Line233"

Never saw this before.

#9: Re: Great War mod Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:58 pm
    —
Yeah I got same. I either tried running in compatibility mode or as admin... can't remember. Ignoring the error will not lead to an install, I found that out. CC3 was really a pain to get installed and patched, had to do a lot of trial and error.

Great War is available for Cross of Iron as well. Its an auto extracting plugin file. The exe basically just dumps the pln file into the plugin folder, then you install normally through config manager. This was done by Schrecken I believe.

#10: Re: Great War mod Author: diggin.robatLocation: Land of the krauts PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:19 pm
    —
Nice to see our very old mod still draws some interest. I could continue with my ramblings about old CC5 projects like Cambrai, Vimy and such, even someone started a Gallipoli mod and lack of time and motivation, not improving over the years.  Sad

#11: Re: Great War mod Author: DaveySmith1 PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:22 am
    —
can anyone find the cc2 version? i been looking for this mod for ages, haven't seen it online since early 2000's or so

#12: Re: Great War mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:47 pm
    —
Quote:
can anyone find the cc2 version? i been looking for this mod for ages, haven't seen it online since early 2000's or so

Not trying to be rude, but there is this great search engine called Google that can help you find stuff on the internet.

One Googe search for "CC2 great war mod"  and I got this: http://www.greatwargames.com/ccindex.htm

Seems like the files are still available for DL.

#13: Re: Great War mod Author: DaveySmith1 PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:02 pm
    —
ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
Quote:

Not trying to be rude, but there is this great search engine called Google that can help you find stuff on the internet.

One Googe search for "CC2 great war mod"  and I got this: http://www.greatwargames.com/ccindex.htm

Seems like the files are still available for DL.

Problem is that some of the downloads are down there. Such as the maps which you need to download which sucks.

#14: Re: Great War mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:07 pm
    —
I see, - If the map is available in other versions for example for CC3, you could just use Mafis 5CC map tool to convert it to a CC2 map.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1