From The Designers Of Close Combat ... G.I. Combat?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: From The Designers Of Close Combat ... G.I. Combat? Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:32 pm
    —
Why haven't I heard of this?

Came out in 2002

Interesting read..
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gi-combat-updated-preview/1100-2881356/

Here is the Box art
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/513XPZMCN4L.jpg

#2: Re: From The Designers Of Close Combat ... G.I. Combat? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:11 pm
    —
I had this. Still had the cdrom up until recently. It was alright, but playing it hoping it was a sequel killed it for me. Controls were not to my liking.

Another one from CC creators... http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=339

#3: Re: From The Designers Of Close Combat ... G.I. Combat? Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:06 am
    —
Is GI combat the same as squad assault though?

#4: Re: From The Designers Of Close Combat ... G.I. Combat? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:40 am
    —
Different games, but you could hardly tell by some screenshots.

#5: Re: From The Designers Of Close Combat ... G.I. Combat? Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:43 pm
    —
vobbnobb wrote (View Post):
Is GI combat the same as squad assault though?

Yes, SAWF was a sequal to GIC.

#6: Re: From The Designers Of Close Combat ... G.I. Combat? Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:45 pm
    —
I recall I played a battle with Eric Young in GIC that time and totally crashed him.
He said, wow, you know how to play this game and I replied, yes, im from CC Very Happy.

#7: Re: From The Designers Of Close Combat ... G.I. Combat? Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:36 am
    —
G.I. Combat. So I got a chance to put some time into this game completing an allied campaign. I had to turn off vsync and all the AA stuff on the graphics card to get rid of the fuzzies and slow stuff and try to make it was like when it game out. I found the 1.04 patch and patched it up. Just playing the game for the first couple of missions, I said to myself this isn't going to be good. After a couple more hours I got used to the controls and it became fun. There is a certain strategy level to this, and the game does have a ww2 sense of being there with the sound and hedgerows. Once you learn all the controls the game is fun. I would give it an 8/10. The animations are decent as well. There are no penetration details like combat mission but it still has a lot of equipment and tells about them in the force pool screen. It is kind of similar to close combat in many ways, but of course in 3D.

gicombat.png
 Description:
Troops running to capture flag
 Filesize:  816.13 KB
 Viewed:  10482 Time(s)

gicombat.png

#8: Re: From The Designers Of Close Combat ... G.I. Combat? Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:22 am
    —
I think I played one of these games, don't remember which one. I remember playing a campaign where you had to take Pegasus Bridge and in the next mission take Merville battery with the same troops, and I didn't like that kind of historical nonsense, so I didn't play much of it.

#9: Re: From The Designers Of Close Combat ... G.I. Combat? Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:51 am
    —
I played the Squad Assault demo years ago but couldnt get into it. The controls were too complicated

I mean I COULD have learned them, but there just wasnt the payoff in enjoyment, and at the time CC5 was swimming in mods so went back to that.

#10: Re: From The Designers Of Close Combat ... G.I. Combat? Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:40 am
    —
well here it is, got around to making a video, if it doesn't show just click link.

Link

#11: Re: From The Designers Of Close Combat ... G.I. Combat? Author: jakebullet70Location: Washington State / Kherson Ukraine PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:21 am
    —
You can still get this game on Amazon for $5 - $10 bucks.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1