Retreat Function ?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

#1: Retreat Function ? Author: Asw65 PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:39 am
    —
I am playing a PvP GTC GC battle, and I lost all my AT assets early on in a battle, so I had no way to kill my opponents three Churchills.

So, rather than force him to take all the VLs (very time consuming) I wanted to retreat off the map, but there is no way of doing this other than force morale, time limits, or total VL loss.

Is there a mod that allows a force to retreat off a map at any time in the battle ?

#2: Re: Retreat Function ? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:47 am
    —
There's no mod. You'll have to wait for strategic movement phase.

Your last option is to capture his tanks. Its possible. When an enemy tank is very close to a VL but not right on top its vulnerable. If you capture that VL and hold it until the timer runs out and if the tank stays there, it will be captured. You won't be able to use it though.

#3: Re: Retreat Function ? Author: Asw65 PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:03 am
    —
That's a shame.

My oppo is too good to allow me to capture his tanks that way.

There is a workaround though. The player wanting to retreat will have to move his units to a place of concealment, set them to ambush, then allow his oppo to take all the VL's.

I'm surprised a retreat button was not added.

#4: Re: Retreat Function ? Author: thraze PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:54 pm
    —
I miss the original games function where you could order a movement on the edge of the map and tell the squad to leave the battlefield.

#5: Re: Retreat Function ? Author: JFFulcrum PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:56 pm
    —
Quote:
I lost all my AT assets early on in a battle, so I had no way to kill my opponents three Churchills.

Well, the risky way is to kill enemy`s AT team (with Bazooka), spent all the ammo for one of own teams, then sneak them to corpses of enemy AT team. There is a chance that yours soldiers will grub enemy weapons, including bazooka, thus obtaining AT capabilities.

Once in past I did it in CCIV, that was cool. Never tried in Caen however.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1