# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Art of Combat

#1: new screenies Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:08 am
    —
new screen shots  looking good

#2: Re: new screenies Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:26 am
    —
Looking amazing! I hope it plays more like Close Combat than Company of Heroes.

#3: Re: new screenies Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:05 am
    —
The screen shots are very good. However, my new box might not be able to do the 3d. Same may be true for TBF. So, I will stick with CCMT until it is no longer supported by the next OS.

#4: Re: new screenies Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:55 pm
    —
Looks like a bright close combat future.

Great to see you're back Stwa! Do you have any CCMT projects ongoing?

#5: Re: new screenies Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:52 pm
    —
The screens do look good. However, the quality is the norm these days, its the minimum quality people would expect from a game like this in 2016. I am surprised that they seem to be modelling everything from scratch. Am I wrong to assume you could just buy 3D models of WW2 vehicles/weapons by now? With all the other 3D WW2 titles it seems like they must already exist in a compatible format.

Its all going to come down to the weapon and vehicle data, soldier psychology, game physics.... With this game and The Bloody First we have seen none of this.

#6: Re: new screenies Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:53 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):

Its all going to come down to the weapon and vehicle data, soldier psychology, game physics.... With this game and The Bloody First we have seen none of this.

I agree,
Men of War: Assault Squad 2 looked Great on Steam and I bought it.
But cant stand playing it.

P.S.
The screenshots do look very nice.

#7: Re: new screenies Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:54 pm
    —
ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
Looks like a bright close combat future.

Great to see you're back Stwa! Do you have any CCMT projects ongoing?

Actually, I do not have any projects in progress. I accumulated so much map material for WW2 Tactics, I really don't need to add anything at this point.

#8: Re: new screenies Author: dj PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:45 am
    —
Yea I like it.  As Ivan said...I hope they don't dumb it down with the 3D angles and keep it smaller scale Close Combat style with more of a top down view.  Otherwise no way you can effectively manage multiple combined infanterie / armour / anti-tank squads.

#9: Re: new screenies Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 3:02 pm
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
The screens do look good. However, the quality is the norm these days, its the minimum quality people would expect from a game like this in 2016. I am surprised that they seem to be modelling everything from scratch. Am I wrong to assume you could just buy 3D models of WW2 vehicles/weapons by now? With all the other 3D WW2 titles it seems like they must already exist in a compatible format.

Reading around Sulla messages, they did not make models from scratch, they tool models from the free unity3d library and they modified them. But from my point of view it has two problems.

-First, you can not claim as your own work modified work and clearly you should not try to sell it.

-Second, you a bunch of models all them from different sizes and clearly the game performance will be affected by this.

For end, for me this game does not look as a CC title, it does not look as more than another tactical WWII game where you can put the camera in a top view position.

Close Combat Series -> Art of Combat

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1