How to Convert CC5 Mods
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: How to Convert CC5 Mods Author: alienzombie101 PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:07 am
    —
Would anybody here be able to tell me how to convert mods to TLD format? I don't know the difference between the two as far as how the file structures changed. I noticed my favorite mods having been converted, like Okinawa, but I really miss the Battle of the Scheldt. Would you guys be able to give me a detailed list of tasks and tools that will get this conversion accomplished? I plan on doing it myself, so I really only need to know how to, rather than hoping someone else will do it.

#2: Re: How to Convert CC5 Mods Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:50 am
    —
Hey this doc written by Tejzd if my memory serves me correct will help you:

Convert Mod To CC5Reb.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Convert Mod To CC5Reb.zip
 Filesize:  12.01 KB
 Downloaded:  451 Time(s)

#3: Re: How to Convert CC5 Mods Author: alienzombie101 PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:12 am
    —
Excellent! Much obliged. Out of curiosity, are there any proprietary tools I'll be needing for this?

#4: Re: How to Convert CC5 Mods Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:36 am
    —
Good question on the tools;
- Qclone to get the CC5 data files into a text format
- a paint program to edit/view .tga files (ex. photoshop CS)
- a spreadsheet program (ex. Excel)
- RtBtool to open CC files
- Stratmap Munger to open CC files

Here are some additional notes I added to my copy of the word doc;

StratMap.txt - Desc.: replaces index.mpi and uses a lot of data from it and the CC5.exe (pain in the ass)

Use notepad to get
- Open index.mpi using notepad to get map names
- open a copy of StratMap.txt and paste the map filenames in the map names section
- Press enter at the end of each map filename and delete the blank spaces on the line before the next map name

Use Stratmap Munger to get;
- # Map Center data,
- # Map area tile coordinates
- # Number of connections / arrows (max 128).
- # Each connection is given as 'Start map','End map' and applies both ways.
- # Arrow Coordinates

Use RtBTool to get
- SEMAP scenario editor map centre coordinates
- SENAME scenario editor map name coordinates
- SESHIP scenario editor naval support indicator (In TLD this is in the same spot on all maps)
- Debrief Map screen maps locations

Last edited by Tejszd on Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: How to Convert CC5 Mods Author: alienzombie101 PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:44 pm
    —
You guys are awesome

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1