The Desert Fox | Rommel in North Africa 1941 [YT Video]
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: The Desert Fox | Rommel in North Africa 1941 [YT Video] Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:30 am
    —
Hey everyone! Very Happy

After 5 months of hard work, I've finally created a highly detailed documentary telling the story of Rommel's first desert offensive (Operation Sonnenblume to the beginning of Tobruk). And I thought you guys may be interested in seeing it - I know a lot of you like your history.

It's not an operation that's been covered much in other documentaries. Usually it's just casually mentioned that Rommel somehow pushed the British back, but without actually saying how he managed this. So I wanted to cover the battle in detail (at the battalion and even kampfgruppe level where possible).

The 3D graphics are inspired by various strategy computer games - although my strategic map is far more dynamic than the Close Combat ones :wink:

Link to the YouTube Video!

Here's an example of the graphics

I'm also currently doing a COI LP if anyone's interested in watching/taking part in that (Link!). I'm naming units after comrades again, so if you want a unit I'll add you to the reserve list.

And just for good measure, here's the video bibliography!

Battistelli, Pier Paolo. Erwin Rommel (Command). Osprey Publishing, 2010.
Beckett, Ian F. Rommel: A Reappraisal. Great Britain, 2013.
Beevor, Antony. The Second World War. Phoenix, 2014.
Bickers, Richard Townshend. The Desert Air War: 1939-1945. Endeavour Press Ltd, 2015.
Butler, Daniel Allen. Field Mashal: the Life and Death of Erwin Rommel. Casemate Publishers, 2015.
Dimbleby, Jonathan. Destiny in the Desert: The Road to El Alamein - the Battle that Turned the Tide. Great Britain, 2012.
Hart, Liddell. A History of the Second World War. Pan Books, 2015.
Hastings, Max. All Hell Let Loose: The World at War 1939-1945. HarperPress, 2011.
Jorgensen, Christer. Afrika Korps: Rommel’s 1941 Offensive (Rapid Reads). Brown Bear Books, 2014.
LaFace, Major Jeffrey L. Tactical Victory Leading to Operational Failure: Rommel in North Africa. Pickle Partners Publishing, 2014.
Lyman R. The Longest Siege: Tobruk - The Battle That Saved North Africa. Pan Books, 2011.
Moorehead, Alan. The Desert War: the Classic Trilogy on the North Africa Campaign 1940-43. CPI Group, 2012.
Nash, N. Strafer Desert General : The Life and Killing of Lieutenant General WHE Gott. Pen and Sword Books Ltd, 2013.
Neillands, Robert. The Desert Rats: 7th Armoured Division 1940-45. UK, 2005.
Neillands, Robert. Eighth Army: From the Western Desert to the Alps, 1939-1945. John Murray Publishers, 2004.
Pitt, Barrie. The Crucible of War: Volume 1: Wavell’s Command. Cassell & Co, 2001.
Playfair, Major-General I.S.O. The Mediterranean and Middle East, Volume II, “The Germans come to the help of their Ally” (1941). The Naval & Military Press Ltd, 2004.
Raugh, H. Wavell in the Middle East 1939-1941: A Study in Generalship. USA, 2013.
Reuth, Ralf Georg. Rommel: The End of a Legend. Haus Publishing, 2005.
Thompson, Dennis H. Discarded Victory - North Africa, 1940-1941. Pickle Partners, 2014.
Williamson, Gordon. Afrikakorps 1941-43 (Elite). Osprey Publishing, 2009.

#2: Re: The Desert Fox | Rommel in North Africa 1941 [YT Video] Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:59 am
    —
Nice Tik. You have a lot of energy for YT.

Was watching your COI LP. Are you using Bandicam?

#3: Re: The Desert Fox | Rommel in North Africa 1941 [YT Video] Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:04 am
    —
Thanks Mooxe!

I am using Bandicam. Why? What is it you're using? I know a lot of people use Fraps and others, but Bandicam hasn't ever let me down and I'd highly recommend it.

#4: Re: The Desert Fox | Rommel in North Africa 1941 [YT Video] Author: Stwa PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:29 am
    —
Nice job!

#5: Re: The Desert Fox | Rommel in North Africa 1941 [YT Video] Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:01 am
    —
Thanks Stwa! Very Happy

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1