TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#41: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Author: UberdaveLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:22 pm
    —
My first impression: EXCELLENT WORK!

This mod is very refined, well-researched, educational, and has a 'complete' feel, ala GJS or Bloody Omaha.
Maps are original and challenging to play on. African theater has been mostly ignored by the Normandy-centric games.
Little things like custom weapon graphics, sounds, voices, ranks, etc add novelty and re-play value.
AI (Germans) is very aggressive...on par with some 'vet mods' I've played.

Haven't had any major crashes so far, and I haven't played on many maps with lots of buildings, so I'm not getting the negativity about them yet.
All in all, 4.5/5 so far. I'll post a complete review when I'm done.

One question:  Where are the voices from? Other games or versions of CC? (I love the cursing and 'adult' language!)

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

#42: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Author: Dfox PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:11 am
    —
Uberdave wrote (View Post):
One question:  Where are the voices from? Other games or versions of CC? (I love the cursing and 'adult' language!)

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Hi,

German, British and American voices are from Company of Heroes. Italian - from Afrika 40 mod. French - from Meuse Crossing 1940 mod.

#43: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Author: UberdaveLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:20 am
    —
ok, I've never played CoH...cool!   Very Happy

#44: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Author: alienzombie101 PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:06 pm
    —
Wow. This mod looks sick! Can't wait to boot it up!

#45: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Author: dj PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:19 am
    —
Just wanted to give some feedback on campaigns.  Grand campaign seems to have issues when you play as Axis vs Allied AI.  Totally unplayable.  However when I play one of the smaller campaigns, the last stand of Tunisia as Axis vs Allied AI...it performed far better.  Really is difficult to play as Axis vis Allied AI.  Thanks again for this great mod.

#46: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Author: TWJunky PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:03 pm
    —
I would love to see this mode get ported to a newer version of cc (LSA, PitF, GtC) as i am of the opinion that they are the better platforms.

#47: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:42 am
    —
I grabbed this back in 2016 and when I built my new computer a couple years ago didn't reinstall it right away.

So I forgot I had it until this weekend when I found it my CC TLD Mods download folder. It installed fine and I've now started a GC. Thanks Dfox!

I posted about the mod in the Matrixgames Close Combat TLD forum as there was nothing on the site about the mod release that I found.

#48: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:44 am
    —
TWJunky wrote (View Post):
I would love to see this mode get ported to a newer version of cc (LSA, PitF, GtC) as i am of the opinion that they are the better platforms.

The newer CC Games have a lot of changes in the files (data, graphics) and it is much harder to move a mod from WAR/TLD to them than from CC5 to WAR/TLD.

#49: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Author: Berger PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:11 pm
    —
You can play H2H the tunisia mod with radmin.

#50: Re: TLD Battle for Tunisia Mod v.1.0 Author: Jatke PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:40 pm
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
The newer CC Games have a lot of changes in the files (data, graphics) ...
You can tell from the setup of the PitF and GtC unit data files how Steve was preparing for the TBF rewrite. He's got an obsession for small unit OOBs and must have every WW2 book Osprey ever published Smile

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
Page 3 of 3