UK to leave EU
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: UK to leave EU Author: sod98 PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:00 pm
    —
Well done UK. Also Cameron gone and the investigation in Tony Blair that could lead to a War Crimes trial to come. It's a start to rid them of some corruption. Then right their economy and stop unwanted immigrants to the UK.

#2: Re: UK to leave EU Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:14 pm
    —
Donald Trump agrees with you. - http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-36617669

I believe I have just coined the biggest put-down of the modern era!

#3: Re: UK to leave EU Author: sod98 PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:27 pm
    —
I believe I have just coined the biggest put-down of the modern era![/quote]

It could be worse if it had been Hillary. Trump says what a lot of people are thinking - stop immigration, stop crim's having guns etc. The issue is how he says it. After all with Brexit, the majority of the UK agree with him through their votes. It's not that big a put down. It was good though.

Tell me will England go 3 zip against the Wallabies on Saturday.

#4: Re: UK to leave EU Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:59 pm
    —
I didn't follow this. The lead up did not get any in depth news coverage here. Is it a good thing? Only time will tell. I do believe though that collaboration, sharing, common goals etc etc are good for any country. That's not to say the UK can't do that anymore but I would say this is definitely a strike against that.

#5: Re: UK to leave EU Author: sod98 PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:29 pm
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
I didn't follow this. The lead up did not get any in depth news coverage here. Is it a good thing? Only time will tell. I do believe though that collaboration, sharing, common goals etc etc are good for any country. That's not to say the UK can't do that anymore but I would say this is definitely a strike against that.

Germany dominates the EU. This is just the start with other countries looking to split from the EU - France, Spain, Greece etc. However for the immediate, Scotland wants another Independence vote and Southern Ireland wants a referendum on a merger of Nth and Sth Ireland. Globalization is only good for the big and powerful countries.

#6: Re: UK to leave EU Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:10 pm
    —
Close the front in Gibraltar;)I like it!

#7: Re: UK to leave EU Author: sod98 PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:59 am
    —
DAK_Legion wrote (View Post):
Close the front in Gibraltar;)I like it!

If Scotland leaves and Ireland Unite and leaves who gets the UK, who get Gibraltar ? Spain is asking for it back.

#8: Re: UK to leave EU Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:04 pm
    —
How many years ago did they join?

#9: Re: UK to leave EU Author: sod98 PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:29 pm
    —
vobbnobb wrote (View Post):
How many years ago did they join?

1973 - 43 years ago.

#10: Re: UK to leave EU Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:17 pm
    —
Did David Cameron actually resign? Me thinks not. He needs to be out no later than Monday.

Link

#11: Re: UK to leave EU Author: sod98 PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:16 pm
    —
[quote="Stwa";p="84576"]Did David Cameron actually resign? Me thinks not. He needs to be out no later than Monday.

He says he will stay on til October when the UK leaves the EU. However the EU have been saying they want the UK starting immediately. It will take some 2 years approximately if not longer to finalize everything. Effectively he is a caretaker Prime Minister til the Conservatives find a replacement or a snap election held.

#12: Re: UK to leave EU Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:03 pm
    —
sod98 wrote (View Post):
He says he will stay on til October when the UK leaves the EU. However the EU have been saying they want the UK starting immediately. It will take some 2 years approximately if not longer to finalize everything. Effectively he is a caretaker Prime Minister til the Conservatives find a replacement or a snap election held.

Why would GB wait until October to leave the EU?

The negotiations with EU can take less than 2 years. 2 years is the max, not the min.

Is a caretaker PM really needed? The Tories could find another PM over the weekend.

#13: Re: UK to leave EU Author: sod98 PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:32 pm
    —
Why would GB wait until October to leave the EU?

The negotiations with EU can take less than 2 years. 2 years is the max, not the min.

Is a caretaker PM really needed? The Tories could find another PM over the weekend.[/quote]

That's what Cameron is suggesting. Not sure if others want or agree waiting that long. The 2 years to leave is because of the trade deals, borderless passports for EU members, Brits currently living  and working in the EU, Brit EU jobs and the many other things. As you say 2 years is a very long time. The wheels of Govt move very slow. A caretaker is required after all Cameron ( Tory ) was pro EU and his main adversary was Boris Johnson a Tory also was pro Brexit. This has left the party split.

Now all the fun begins. So who voted to leave yesterday now wish they had voted to remain if you can believe it. they didn't realize the ramifications.

#14: Re: UK to leave EU Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:38 pm
    —
Well, this short vid answers some questions.

Link

#15: Re: UK to leave EU Author: sod98 PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:53 pm
    —
Also looking at leaving in the future are France, Netherlands, Italy and Greece. Wanting to join Turkey and Ukraine. It's not looking good for the EU.

#16: Re: UK to leave EU Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:16 pm
    —
sod98 wrote (View Post):
Also looking at leaving in the future are France, Netherlands, Italy and Greece. Wanting to join Turkey and Ukraine. It's not looking good for the EU.

Very interesting. We need comic relief. Bring in the Pope.

Link

#17: Re: UK to leave EU Author: dj PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:19 am
    —
The U.K. is coming apart by the seams along with the E.U.  The USA had many right-wing extremist states threatening to leave the Union also.  Just like back in Civil War days.

Not understanding why out of the blue, not Scotland wants to vote on leaving U.K.  Then I heard Northern Island is next so they can finally unite with the rest of Ireland.  Not sure about the Protestants though how they can get along with the Catholics in Ireland if they try to unite.

#18: Re: UK to leave EU Author: sod98 PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:42 am
    —
dj wrote (View Post):
The U.K. is coming apart by the seams along with the E.U.  The USA had many right-wing extremist states threatening to leave the Union also.  Just like back in Civil War days.

Not understanding why out of the blue, not Scotland wants to vote on leaving U.K.  Then I heard Northern Island is next so they can finally unite with the rest of Ireland.  Not sure about the Protestants though how they can get along with the Catholics in Ireland if they try to unite.

Ireland is a powder keg sadly. before the Brexit there has been troubles from the past starting again - shooting etc.

#19: Re: UK to leave EU Author: sod98 PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:56 am
    —
The TPP could be next under Trump as he has been saying - once it's been finalized.

#20: Re: UK to leave EU Author: sod98 PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:20 am
    —
Now Scotland are trying to block the UK from leaving the EU. They want to stay in the EU. They also want another referendum on splitting from the UK. They bottled it last time in 2014. It's no longer Scotland the Brave.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2