Returning to the front
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Returning to the front Author: Pzt_bebusszmski PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:42 am
    —
Hello CC World Very Happy

After many years away from the CC scene I have been looking forward to getting a chance to start playing a little bit again Very Happy  In this respect, it would be useful if I could be brought up to speed on the current state of things. I have seen there are quite a few new (re)releases - TLD, Gateway to Caen, Last Stand Arnhem, Panthers in the Fog etc.

For someone looking to get back into things (and having to get hold of the new releases) - which games are the most recommended for returning to the online scene and looking to find opponents? Have these games generally replaced CCV and the various mods online Question

Also, I know Gamespy is no longer around. Are people mostly meeting on Gameranger now to play?

I have seen that the new releases can be bought with or without the Disc. Are the new releases protected by a serial key or similar? I am also interested in maybe playing via LAN - would I need to purchase two copies or can the file/disc be installed on two machines?

I hope these questions aren't too much of a pain to answer  Embarassed  

Either way, looking forward to to your responses and last but not least, glad to be back!  Very Happy

bebusszmski

#2: Re: Returning to the front Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:38 am
    —
Welcome back. As far as I know people are meeting on GameRanger. The Longest Day and CC5 are the two versions I see hosted most. Yes new releases require a serial. According to the EULA you would need to purchase two copies for LAN play but you can get by with one serial.

#3: Re: Returning to the front Author: Pzt_bebusszmski PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:11 pm
    —
Thanks Mooxe.

I see that Matrix released Gateway to Caen - does the TLD Mod Battle for Caen recreate Gateway to Caen for those who have TLD, or is it something different altogether?

#4: Re: Returning to the front Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:19 pm
    —
Battle for Caen is taken from GJS and ported to TLD. I am not sure if it was ever finished. Gateway to Caen is an entirely different thing.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1