Questions about LSA
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#1: Questions about LSA Author: Oliver70 PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:06 pm
    —
Hey,

After playing this game for some times, i have a few questions i couldn't find any answer for.

One of my 101st AB BG is alone on Son Bridge map for ages (like 4/5 turns) and they didn't start the bridge repair, why? (usually the bridge repair start much more faster)

Some infantry units seem to have mortars to lay smoke at long range but never use it to fire on the enemy. Sometimes they don't even lay smoke at all, i order a smoke in the correct range (distance appear in green) and i wait... nothing happens... Can somebody explain this? (I don't think they were suppressed or anything)

I've read quite bad things about this game on this forum but to me the game (with the latest patch) is really fine, i don't understand... i assume it was full of bugs when it was released but maybe the time has come to take a fresh look on it Smile It's the only rerelease i bought and so far i see no reason not to be happy (and believe me i'm not that guy who is happy with everything)

#2: Re: Questions about LSA Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:14 am
    —
I think the repairing bridge action only starts if you are in contact with the supply chain but maybe I'm miss remembering, you should check the manual, it will explain it there.

Don't know what to say about smoke.

#3: Re: Questions about LSA Author: Oliver70 PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:55 pm
    —
Yes this must be why, even if the supply chain seemed ok in that game. I've probably missed a detail. Thx

#4: Re: Questions about LSA Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:54 am
    —
LSA did require some patching.

Some CC players do argue that LSA is/was the peak of CC as it has;
- a point system along with unit selection and a strat layer
- BG stacking where you actually can use units from both BG's
- bridge blowing
- fixed unit positions
- static BG's (just wish the player could select when it is absorbed)

#5: Re: Questions about LSA Author: DranBlack86 PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:24 am
    —
Ialso have some questions...

Has anyone ever been able to capture Son bridge intact? I remember it being tricky in ABTF but in LSA it seems impossible.

Is it still possible to kill enemy Inf with Smoke from the Mortars? Again in ABTF and CC3 if you got a direct hit on a guy it was possible. Im just curious as i would probably never opt for it as a tactic but when pressed on the old oosterbeek landing zone map its a good last ditch effort to kill a pesky MG trooper et al.

#6: Re: Questions about LSA Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:29 pm
    —
DranBlack86 wrote (View Post):
Ialso have some questions...

Is it still possible to kill enemy Inf with Smoke from the Mortars? Again in ABTF and CC3 if you got a direct hit on a guy it was possible. Im just curious as i would probably never opt for it as a tactic but when pressed on the old oosterbeek landing zone map its a good last ditch effort to kill a pesky MG trooper et al.

In the game yes you can, due to the shells weight. It also causes panic in some units. We had a discussion a while back if the WP used causes injuries from the smoke once it goes off. I have observed that troops in different updated cc games don't like to stay in the smoke. Not sure if this is built into ai or not.

#7: Re: Questions about LSA Author: Sequoia PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:30 am
    —
Hello:

DranBlack86: Yes, a smoke shell direct hit can kill a soldier. Playing the Son Bridge in CC2 I lost an US Airborne flamethrower to friendly fire. The idea was hide the my forces in the aproach to the bridge but the round hit the poor assault engineer (but he didn't burn).

Bye

#8: Re: Questions about LSA Author: Eurundt PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:08 am
    —
I can't find the next question on any topic yet, but maybe it's addressed already, but why do idle units start moving on their own after a while? It's really frustrating when defending.

#9: Re: Questions about LSA Author: Berger PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:17 pm
    —
Realism settings > Check Never Act On Own Initiative: Your soldiers never do anything unless they are ordered to

#10: Re: Questions about LSA Author: Eurundt PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:19 am
    —
Berger wrote (View Post):
Realism settings > Check Never Act On Own Initiative: Your soldiers never do anything unless they are ordered to

Doesn't that alter the "realism" as well? Like retreating or surrendering?

When I was young I played with every option on except always see the enemy. It was like playing with super soldiers.

#11: Re: Questions about LSA Author: Eurundt PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:21 am
    —
Okay, next topic then.

I ones played a campaign where the enemy used smoke grenades (pitf or gtc, don't remember). I haven't seen it happen in any other (including pitf gtc) anymore.

#12: Re: Questions about LSA Author: Berger PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:59 pm
    —
Eurundt wrote (View Post):
Berger wrote (View Post):

Doesn't that alter the "realism" as well? Like retreating or surrendering?

If you check never act on own initiative your soldiers can retreat or surrender during battles and you will see 95 % realism in settings, not 100 %.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1