Small Map Mods
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Small Map Mods Author: alienzombie101 PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:25 pm
    —
I've been reading alot about the observations everybody's had about the AI, and I've narrowed it down to:

-More victory locations in a "roadmap" pattern for the AI

-A smaller map size like CC2 (I agree with stwa on this one. If the only changes we've seen to the AI are that of pathfinding, which is what I'm gathering, then it's the larger map sizes after CC2 and CC3 that are causing a large part of the issues),

-Changes to the SAI (not coding infantry as vehicles, or any of that craziness. I won 't be doing that.) and BGroups AI personality.

(If I'm wrong in my observations, let me know.)

So, I'm going to try my hand at a small maps mod.

On that, I'm wondering what everybody prefers as far as combat environments. Towns? Natural terrain? Tell what what you guys like to fight in, or at least some kind of guideline for bringing the sizes of the maps down without sacrificing enjoyable gameplay.

#2: Re: Small Map Mods Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:54 pm
    —
For which game? Are you going to create maps from scratch or resize the stock maps? TheImperatorKnight (TIK) has already done that for GtC.

#3: Re: Small Map Mods Author: alienzombie101 PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:41 pm
    —
Resize the stock maps. I'm probably going to start with tLD or WaR

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1