CC5 won't work
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: CC5 won't work Author: J_Bruce0000 PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:56 pm
    —
I've installed the CC5 Invasion Normandy successfully and I even have CC2 working on my windows 7 64 bit. However, CC5 won't startup and it just keeps reading incompatible when using the troubleshoot compatibility. Even though I click on the game nothing happens. I'm no computer guru and so I know very little. I tried to install DirectX 7.0a that goes with it and it says its incompatible as well. I do have DirectX 11. Does anyone know how to get around this?

Thank you,
Jeremy

#2: Re: CC5 won't work Author: 7A_Ghoa10Location: Spain PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:23 pm
    —
maybe this could help you.

right mouse click over cc5 desktop icon, look for and open properties, click on compatibility, then change compatibility to windows 98 / windows me.

If works  I hope meet you soon in Game Ranger to have some fun

#3: Re: CC5 won't work Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:12 am
    —
Not a dx issue . Just checked and have same checked as ghoa and works as well.

Jbruce what version does it say at bottom?

#4: Re: CC5 won't work Author: J_Bruce0000 PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:01 am
    —
I've tried all combinations within the compatibility after right clicking on CC5 but to no prevail. I will check up again tomorrow to find out the version. I was really hoping to get back into Invasion Normandy, it's been too long. I remember having a sniper get the Medal of Honor on A bridge too far in Nijmegen. I also had a flamethrower get it as well on invasion Normandy back in the day. Great times! I am happy CC2 still works. Tell me what needs to be done and I will try to make it happen.

#5: Re: CC5 won't work Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:40 am
    —
download v5.01a if you haven't installed it already; http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&cid=3

#6: Re: CC5 won't work Author: Hank PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:44 pm
    —
I got the ICD error on install. Installing patch v5.01a fixed everything for me.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1