Retiring from Modding
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Retiring from Modding Author: Bel8910 PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:38 am
    —
I regretfully need to inform the CC community that I will no longer be doing any mods. I had a laptop issue and instead of saving my info, my external hard drive got wiped clean, which is where I kept all my CC info (Games, game mods, graphics, maps, etc.) Too much work to rebuild it all. :(

Enjoy your gaming.

Salud,
Bel8190

#2: Re: Retiring from Modding Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:55 am
    —
Sorry to hear that Bel.... damn computers.... they are alright when they are going  Evil or Very Mad

I know that several members here have had a total wipeout like yours... not good....

All the hours spent modding and testing them ... I feel for you

Lets hope that when the pain wears off we will still see you around....

A talent like yours will be sorely missed..... all the best

#3: Re: Retiring from Modding Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:37 am
    —
It hurts to lose the notes, tools and things you have been working on. Definitely take a break.

Try some other games or if you have been busy doing mods and not playing just play CC again....

#4: Re: Retiring from Modding Author: UberdaveLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:16 am
    —
Which mods have you done?

#5: Re: Retiring from Modding Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:41 am
    —
Yeah that's why I don't do it anymore.

Even though I did/was making a backup as I went along,I didn't have the latest back up.
Really pissed me off,because I thought I had.

Winter is coming so who knows.
But then again I've had no interest what so ever.

#6: Re: Retiring from Modding Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:42 am
    —
I took a break and did the whole Steam thing/games.
Its been fun but now I'm board of that too.

#7: Re: Retiring from Modding Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:25 am
    —
That is always so sad to hear the news that another great modder had an issue such as losing all of the information that I am sure has spanned many good years of playing one of the only games that I ever play, especially with all the mods avaiable.

Thanks for all of your hard work, Bel. I can't even imagine how many good mods could have been created if that never happened.

#8: Re: Retiring from Modding Author: reconscoutLocation: U.S.A. PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:55 am
    —
Sorry to hear you are retiring from modding, thank you for all you have done to make close combat great.

#9: Re: Retiring from Modding Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:34 am
    —
Very sad to hear this. I hoping for at least another Vietnam war mod, I guess that won't be a reality now?

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1