Converting xxxx_norm_hull_but.tex to nnh.file
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Converting xxxx_norm_hull_but.tex to nnh.file Author: Privateryan1 PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:41 pm
    —
Hi Guys ,

The heading looks odd up there but what I was able to do before I have now forgotten . So what Im trying to do is to convert a CC5 vehicle from xxx_norm_hull.tex to an xxx.nnh file in order to insert into CC3 .can anyone point me in the direction oif what prog can do this , Thanks ...

#2: Re: Converting xxxx_norm_hull_but.tex to nnh.file Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:13 pm
    —
I believe you can do this with Mafis Rtb tool, but you might have to unpack the .tga's first and then repack as nnh.

#3: Re: Converting xxxx_norm_hull_but.tex to nnh.file Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:57 am
    —
Xtank

#4: Re: Converting xxxx_norm_hull_but.tex to nnh.file Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:58 am
    —
Xtank

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&min=50&cid=76

#5: Re: Converting xxxx_norm_hull_but.tex to nnh.file Author: Privateryan1 PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:38 pm
    —
Thanks for the heads up guys but the simplest of all was simply to rename for example xxx_hull_but.tex to xxx.nnh or xxx.nnt which ever was apropriate . No conversion at all just a simple rename operation as the frile already contains all of the 16 images with hotpoints so for for anyone for future reference who wants to insert CC5 vehicles to CC3/COI , its just as simple as that .Thank God I didnt have to use x-Tank , as ive had quite a few frustrating battles with that lad ... Embarassed

#6: Re: Converting xxxx_norm_hull_but.tex to nnh.file Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:50 pm
    —
That is news for me too Privateryan1. Never would have thought a simple rename would do it.
This is excellent for converting mods from CC3 or just importing single vehicles.
I would recommend the "Bulk Rename Utility" for doing more than a couple of transitions.

#7: Re: Converting xxxx_norm_hull_but.tex to nnh.file Author: Privateryan1 PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:02 pm
    —
So now I have a much more ( technical ) question and one I hope , someone will be able to answer . Its about these upgrade paths in the teams files in COI . Im doing a complete rewrite of my ( master ) copy ( the one I use to clone alll other mods from ) . I have successfully added 40 vehicles roughly 20 German / 20 Allied or Russian . As I now upgrade the infantry teams to ten in most of them , it brings me to look at the upgrade paths and I simply dont have a clue why they are there in the first place as if you actually follow the ( upgrade path ) for a particular team , it mostly leads you to another team which is not remotely assiciated with the original team .So im wondering should i try to ( mess ) with them or should I simply leave them alone . My reason for asking this question is this : I if create a scenario and use the option ( Restrict players to histporical rarity of units ) and if the AI is then not able to follow a given teams upgrade path because of the above mentioned setting , what will the AI do ? and wiil it simple crash the game in progress .

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1