larger teams
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: larger teams Author: Mrfloppy PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:04 pm
    —
I would like to know how to edit the teams to make some of them 10 men strong like in this submod for CC5:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=413

I would like to be able to mod this for every close combat game and mod myself since there are no such submods available for them.

10menstrong.jpg
 Description:
CC5_Classic_Teammod
 Filesize:  288.03 KB
 Viewed:  8691 Time(s)

10menstrong.jpg

#2: Re: larger teams Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:36 pm
    —
This is about the easiest thing to modify. Get the workbook of the game you want to mod. This will help you identify the data columns you will need to modify. In the teams files change 3 things: the "soldiers", the soldier types and the total number of soldiers in the column 'team size'. It does not require any graphics editing of any sort. "Soldiers" refer to the index numbers in the soldiers.txt file.

#3: Re: larger teams Author: TankReg PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:18 am
    —
I get an error message when edit the soldiers files but hitting debug option seems to to work and the game runs normally so far. Not sure If I'm doing anything wrong or not.

#4: Re: larger teams Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:07 am
    —
What is the message you get TankReg?

#5: Re: larger teams Author: TankReg PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:58 am
    —
ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
What is the message you get TankReg?

File : TextDataFile.cpp @ Line : 212 VER: 2012.11.25.1

Team 4, side 0 - invalid soldier type for soldier 6.

And then a new error msg for each team that I've edited. For example I made Rifle and BAR squads 9 men, Engineers 8 men, so each team edit shows as an error. I hit "debug error" button for each error and at the end of them the game starts normally. I started a battle just to make sure and everything looks OK, with the team changes added.

Edit During battle game always closes with internal error 0x4573FD game version 2012.11.25.1

I definitely made a mistake somewhere  Shocked

Last edited by TankReg on Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: larger teams Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:19 am
    —
Ok soldier type values is the culprit. - Each soldier you added must also be assigned a soldier type in the data.Values accepted are from 1-5 if I remember correctly. Leader, Crew, Soldier etc..

#7: Re: larger teams Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:19 am
    —
Ok soldier type values is the culprit. - Each soldier you added must also be assigned a soldier type in the data.Values accepted are from 1-5 if I remember correctly. Leader, Crew, Soldier etc..

#8: Re: larger teams Author: TankReg PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:30 am
    —
ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):

Ahhh, a noob mistake LOL.

Thanks for your help!!!

#9: Re: larger teams Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:14 pm
    —
No prob buddy, they are easily overlooked when editing teams.

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1