Firefight (Close Combat style game) is now on Steam
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Firefight (Close Combat style game) is now on Steam Author: SeanOConnor PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:34 pm
    —
Thought you guys might be interested in my real-time WW2 game Firefight which I've totally re-written and now got onto Steam here:
Firefight On Steam

There's a video on that link if you'd like to see what the in-game action is like too. Please let me know what you think!

#2: Re: Firefight (Close Combat style game) is now on Steam Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:49 pm
    —
How do I get the updates to my copy on my iPad?

#3: Re: Firefight (Close Combat style game) is now on Steam Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:54 am
    —
Purchased.
Hoping its fun

#4: Re: Firefight (Close Combat style game) is now on Steam Author: SeanOConnor PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:34 pm
    —
Schmal_Turm wrote (View Post):
How do I get the updates to my copy on my iPad?

You should be able to update to the latest version automatically from the AppStore. The only problem would be if you have an iPad 1 as Apple have made it virtually impossible for us developers to do updates for them as they are stuck on iOS 5

#5: Re: Firefight (Close Combat style game) is now on Steam Author: SeanOConnor PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:35 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Purchased.
Hoping its fun

Thank you! Please let me know what you think!

#6: Re: Firefight (Close Combat style game) is now on Steam Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:39 pm
    —
Wheres the instructions on how/what to do?

#7: Re: Firefight (Close Combat style game) is now on Steam Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:52 pm
    —
Glad to hear Sean, good Luck. I had  played the demo for the first time very long time ago, 2004-2005 maybe. It had certainly got my attention then.

I redownloaded the demo of the new version. The tracer effects are truly excellent. They are a great innovation to the CC style gaming and enhance the gameplay and realism. Ricochets, as well.

However, one thing I noticed, in the older version, there were more information in help section on team compositions, weapons, handguns, etc. And I think you even had Italy as an army in the game. I suppose, you converted it to be simpler to promote it as an instant action especially on mobile.

Do you consider to split it into to versions, like WOT did, one for mobile, simpler for getting into action fast, easier to play, one for PC, more realistic,more info, enhanced GUI and for the dedicated players?

Actually, you have the advantage that you can put anything people demand on game, because you did it from scratch. Like you did for tracers.

#8: Re: Firefight (Close Combat style game) is now on Steam Author: diggin.robatLocation: Land of the krauts PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:24 am
    —
Looks great. Will give it a try soon!

#9: Re: Firefight (Close Combat style game) is now on Steam Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:46 am
    —
Can it be modded ?

#10: Re: Firefight (Close Combat style game) is now on Steam Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:17 pm
    —
Are the sheep still cannon fodder?  Wink

#11: Re: Firefight (Close Combat style game) is now on Steam Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:37 am
    —
mick_xe5 wrote (View Post):
Are the sheep still cannon fodder?  Wink

I saw dying sheep.  Very Happy  

If one could import tracers and ricochet sounds to regular CC  Rolling Eyes

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1