A new Commander coming with projects
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#21: Re: A new Commander coming with projects Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:06 pm
    —
AelrothFr wrote (View Post):
Hello Mafi and Pete, thank you both for your replies!

Your tools, Mafi, are really awesome! I really enjoy using them.

I used BTD editor to change vl etc and it seems to work on "overview".

But unfortunately, the .txt corrupted doesn't want to stop giving me this error...

I really don't know what's wrong.
Could someone have a look at my files?

It's frustrating to be blocked here, so close from a playable map...

PS: All the elevations are set to 0 right now

I need to see more info: How are you testing the map? In CC5 and inserting it in the strategic map? Did you create all 7 map files and did you name them properly?  Did you apply correct map dimensions?
I am not an export on map making but I will try and help you fix this error.

#22: Re: A new Commander coming with projects Author: AelrothFrLocation: France PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:39 pm
    —
Hi Commanders!

Thank you Antony_nz for your support and all of your kind words, you and this community are much than just a passionnate comunity.You're one of the reasons I'm hanging on!

By the way, if someone want my help for something, i will try as much as my abilities allow me.

Quote:
I need to see more info: How are you testing the map? In CC5 and inserting it in the strategic map? Did you create all 7 map files and did you name them properly?  Did you apply correct map dimensions?
I am not an export on map making but I will try and help you fix this error.

I didnt try with the strategic map! maybe this is why it doesnt work. I saw something about it at the end of a tutorial. Will take a look after work, tonight.

I created all the 7 files required (bgm, los, btd, mmm, ovm, txt and rfm) by exporting some of them in 5CC after created the map. They are named : Acquvlle... in order to replace them from original map in CC5.

I created a map 4680*2280 (dont remember how much tiles it has). I know it's a bit large but that was the plan. Something could be wrong with this dimension?

Thank you again for your help, appreciate that!

See you soon, commanders.

#23: Re: A new Commander coming with projects Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:57 am
    —
So, how did you test the map if it was coded for CC5?
All game versions have their limits with regards to map size. I don't know the limit for CC5. What I was really interested in finding out was if you realized that the  map dimensions were restricted and that the number of tiles was your starting point, but it seems you did .

But, if you did name it Acquvlle and put it in place of the original map you did what I thought you did to test it. If it still won't work then you can try coding for CC3 and try like that or get in touch with an experienced map maker Wink .

#24: Re: A new Commander coming with projects Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:46 pm
    —
The 5CC tool Help file lists the maximum CC5 map size at 3860x3860 (32x32 megatiles). Use the Actions/Data Actions/Expand-Shrink function to resize your map.

#25: Re: A new Commander coming with projects Author: AelrothFrLocation: France PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:40 am
    —
It works!
Thanks a lot, mick_xe5, that was the map's size, i shrinked it to 32*19 and have no more errors.

Thanks Pete too, for all your support and accompaniment!

I have, now, some work on this version ( changing thoose tree's shadow, too freaking huge to be real, some elevation, VL's name etc)

Thoose tools are totally epic, elevations are set correctly depending on terrain's element, LOS are perfect. Real well coded and accurate!

If you guys are interested in more "in game" pictures, i will post some this weekend ;)

Now i need to sleep, spent a lot of time in it but not lost!

See you soon, commanders

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2