Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file ready
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Rhineland '45

#1: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file ready Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:31 am
    —
Dear all,

The long awaited self installer file of the Battle of the Rhineland mod beta has been finished. You can download it from 2 cloud drive locations until the file is uploaded to the download section of this forum:

Dropbox .
Google Drive

This is a mod for Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem. It requires a full installation and patch version 5.60.53.

As a reminder I would like to say that this is the first completely new mod for LSA afaik. All 64 maps are new and not used before. It comes with more than 40 battles, operations and campaigns.
It is still in beta status because of a number of unfinished details and data may need tweaking. Forcepools are not completely ready too.

Feel free to post comments, bugs etc. in this thread.

I hope you enjoy playing the mod.

Mooxe, could you add to the download section please.

Thanks,

Pete and Buck_Compton.

#2: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:51 am
    —
Thank you Pete/Buck!

#3: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Author: salhexe PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:26 pm
    —
Thank you very much Very Happy

#4: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:30 pm
    —
Thanks Pete/Buck. The maps are truly a work of art. Some of the best I have seen. I can tell that as the Germans I am going to have a hell of a time in trying to keep the Allies at bay. The fact you did it with all 64 maps is truly awesome.

I always thought that the fact that GtC was not 64 maps was really a mistake. It could have been so much more interesting and challenging.

#5: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:59 pm
    —
Rgr. Got your email to.

#6: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:47 pm
    —
Thank-You!
Buck & Pete.

I've only so far done a down and dirty look/slight play.
While in-between work.

But this looks like a Good one to play.

I will play a GC of this one.

#7: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:21 am
    —
Schmal_Turm wrote (View Post):
Thanks Pete/Buck. The maps are truly a work of art. Some of the best I have seen. I can tell that as the Germans I am going to have a hell of a time in trying to keep the Allies at bay. The fact you did it with all 64 maps is truly awesome.

I always thought that the fact that GtC was not 64 maps was really a mistake. It could have been so much more interesting and challenging.

Drawing 64 maps all by oneself (Buck) is a hell of a job though. Playing on 64 maps also prolongs the GC incredibly. Which is why 2 Rhineland campaigns have been restricted to 10 days. Only the H2H campaign spans a longer period of time.

#8: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:24 am
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Thank-You!
Buck & Pete.

I've only so far done a down and dirty look/slight play.
While in-between work.

But this looks like a Good one to play.

I will play a GC of this one.

Thanks platoon_michael. The smaller operations will also be worth your while . It is much easier to create a more or less historically operation than a GC.

#9: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Author: TWJunky PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:17 pm
    —
its great to see that the community is moving foward and starts modding LSA. I fail to understand why people keep making TLD mods.

I have a question regarding the data sheet. Are you using values from GJS? I think GJS has a good balance.

#10: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Author: tedy28 PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:17 pm
    —
Nice job!!!!!

#11: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:31 am
    —
Thank you Buck & Pete.

Your mod is on CCS @ http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4275

#12: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:38 am
    —
I checked up on penetration tables and am befuddled as to how a 6 pdr can penetrate the front plate of a jagdpanther at about 350 meters, on the first shot no less. Is there a weak spot I am not aware of?

Otherwise, I am really enjoying the mod.

#13: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:42 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
Thank you Buck & Pete.

Your mod is on CCS @ http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4275  

Thank you Mooxe for hosting!

#14: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:16 am
    —
Schmal_Turm: There is a function in the code that gives a small chance of penetration even if the gun is totally overmatched by the armor of the target. This is to account for the occational "lucky shot" in real life - like hitting a vision slit or MG-bow mount.

#15: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:57 am
    —
ScnelleMeyer, actually, I knew that. I just couldn't see my jagdpanther taken out with one shot from a small gun when that was the only one I had with that unit. Such is the tide of war. I have enough trouble dealing with all of the M36s without worrying about relatively small weapons such as 6 pdrs.

#16: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Author: salhexe PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:03 am
    —
I never saw this fire effect before now in cc, i use new explotions, the fire does not go out for the whole duration of the game and it started with a mortar shot.

cc fuoco2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  382 KB
 Viewed:  17456 Time(s)

cc fuoco2.jpg

#17: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:21 pm
    —
salhexe wrote (View Post):
I never saw this fire effect before now in cc, i use new explotions, the fire does not go out for the whole duration of the game and it started with a mortar shot.

Hey Salhexe, we included the new explosions in the Rhineland mod. I have not seen this effect before though. I am not sure what could be causing it.

#18: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Author: salhexe PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:07 am
    —
[/quote]

Hey Salhexe, we included the new explosions in the Rhineland mod. I have not seen this effect before though. I am not sure what could be causing it.[/quote]

Can be becouse I used this?
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4259

#19: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:15 am
    —
Is it a normal fire or is there something strange about it? -  I mean in your screenshot there seems to be very large flames beneath the smoke that seems to me to be the bridge explosion graphic.

If you could post a video of this effect it would be great. - It might be the explosion mod and if so I will fix the problem if I can;)

#20: Re: Battle of the Rhineland mod beta self installer file rea Author: salhexe PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:49 pm
    —
I took two more screens, no video, the sound was that of a large fire. My team is under the fire-smoke inside a building. The dead enemy soldiers did not understand whether they died in the fire or affected by my soldiers.

cc fuoco3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  381.4 KB
 Viewed:  17360 Time(s)

cc fuoco3.jpg

cc fuoco.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  372.38 KB
 Viewed:  17360 Time(s)

cc fuoco.jpg

Close Combat Series -> Rhineland '45

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT