Looking for help: CC2 installed, asks for disc at launch
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

#1: Looking for help: CC2 installed, asks for disc at launch Author: StaticLocation: U$A PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:05 pm
    —
Howdy folks

Installed CC2 by unpacking the ISO file and running setup... worked perfectly.  Both patches installed successfully as well.

My problem is at launch: I get a message about the game requiring a disc.  Is there any way to convince it to run without burning the ISO to a disc?  My current laptop doesn't have a CD/DVD drive, and I'd love to get into some nostalgic CC2 action.

Any CC veterans on here able to help?  Thanks in advance, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

#2: Re: Looking for help: CC2 installed, asks for disc at launch Author: TWJunky PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:00 pm
    —
there is a remake of CC2, its called Last stand at Arnheim.  As I cc Veteran I would higly recomend it over the old cc2. trust me youll find all the nostalgia and more in this game.

#3: Re: Looking for help: CC2 installed, asks for disc at launch Author: StaticLocation: U$A PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:09 pm
    —
Thanks for the quick reply TWJunky.  I've got LSA and all the other remakes, no worries there Wink  Been playing the CC series on and off since 1997 or so

I somehow overlooked the readme about virtual drives and ISO mounting that was zipped up with the CC2 files, so I'll be working on figuring that out

Moderators, feel free to remove this topic as I have the info I need  Idea

#4: Re: Looking for help: CC2 installed, asks for disc at launch Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:19 pm
    —
you need to tell your computer you have a  cd-rom drive and then mount the file in it, This will tell the computer to stop checking for a disk inserted because you have already mounted it virtually.

to do this and make a virtual cd-rom drive there a a number of free and paid programs

daemon, magic iso , power iso etc

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1