Cool AI Stuff by John Anderson, Lead AI for Atomic
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#21: Re: Cool AI Stuff by John Anderson, Lead AI for Atomic Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:30 am
    —
Noticed something else. Command circles are always centered off the leader in a command team. For regular infantry sections, the command circle is centered from the center of mass. I wonder why...

#22: Re: Cool AI Stuff by John Anderson, Lead AI for Atomic Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:32 pm
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
Noticed something else. Command circles are always centered off the leader in a command team. For regular infantry sections, the command circle is centered from the center of mass. I wonder why...

@ command circles :Ah that's cool, I dunno unless more tests. Maybe they have to be a certain rank or leader?

You say you ran over them but but were they in ambush mode or defend mode in trenches? I wouldn't think they would move depending on soldier skill in ambush mode.

speaking how great the ground can be. I posted this awhile back on how hard in was for HE to bother soldiers in a trench/ground crater on PITF

Link

#23: Re: Cool AI Stuff by John Anderson, Lead AI for Atomic Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:58 pm
    —
They were in ambush mode. Highly experienced as well. I don't know if they were moving to get out of the way or preparing to defend themselves. After the tank ran over the trench some of them crawled out of it but were still within a couple meters.

I planned on running some more tests and making a video.

#24: Re: Cool AI Stuff by John Anderson, Lead AI for Atomic Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:02 am
    —
Quote:
Soldiers in depressions such as foxholes and trenches cannot be overrun by a tank, and more experienced soldiers will actually try to move out of the way first.

I did more testing than whats in the video. What I have determined is that its the opposite of the above quote. Experienced soldiers will stay in the trench, less experienced soldiers will get out and not always out of the way of the tank.

Link

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2