Ovrashnaya Deployment
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: Ovrashnaya Deployment Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:01 am
    —
First image is the Russian 124th Rifle Brigade being attacked by 230 Reg / 76 ID. I am playing Germans. This is the result after one battle. After this turn CC_Infected_x_X moves the 124th out, and attacks me from the rear with the 38th Motor Brigade. The 38th is attacking from the rear because I have it cut off.

Second image shows the German deploy after the 38th moved out of Banny Gully. Taking advantage of deployment zones is a known and accepted tactic in CC5. Eventually Infected will pay a price to later on in the GC.

These two battlegroups are roughly equal. The 38th has more tanks and ATGs than the 230th. However morale, experience for all units and the 38th is has much less infantry.

The Stugs have very powerful ammunition though, the HT round. I guess its some anti-tank round fired from the short barreled assault gun versions. This ammunition may level the armour playing field. Not sure if Infected is going to go for an immediate disband or a gradual fight. He only needs to capture the Shooting Range exit VL at the bottom middle to get his armour back in supply.

StalingradScenario.gc
 Description:
Ovrashnaya Battle vs CC_Infected_x_X

Download
 Filename:  StalingradScenario.gc
 Filesize:  1.43 MB
 Downloaded:  397 Time(s)

#2: Re: Ovrashnaya Deployment Author: southern_land PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:50 am
    —
Thats a hell of a map for the Germans, I find it best to hide my armour and AT and pick off whatever comes within range while my scouts enlarge on the deployment zone for the next turn

#3: Re: Ovrashnaya Deployment Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:30 am
    —
Expecting the worst I took all four Stugs. Two ATGs were more or less bait for his artillery barrage. Battle started out ok with him losing one T34 in the beginning seconds.

The resulting deploy. I ended up losing all four Stugs. Two Stugs and an ATG to a single airstrike. Remaining two finishes off in duels. Infected main losses were the T34 and two T70s. I survive but am out of supply.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1