GTC weird voice cues
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: GTC weird voice cues Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:20 am
    —
gateway to caen
When I play as British sometimes I hear the german soldiers from the German side say - Yet sneaked!!
Usually it happens when they are under fire.

and another says something like stecking fast! but the voice sounds british

#2: Re: GTC weird voice cues Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:11 am
    —
The mixed up voice problem, that happens occasionally, seems to present in all the CC versions based on the CC5 code.

It has been mentioned in the WAR support forum; http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3590683

#3: Re: GTC weird voice cues Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:16 pm
    —
I think the 2nd one might be bislaufeck!!! = upright

#4: Re: GTC weird voice cues Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:17 am
    —
Dont think these GTC vox cues are getting mixed up. Seems to be intentional that the player hears a variety of enemy 'under fire' calls. IMO the intent was to give the player more positive feedback in combat to offset the more subdued 'kill' cues and lack of bloody killed sprites. In defensive battles I hear from the enemy more than my own troops. So I replaced the enemy voice file with a modified version of Sounds.sfx. Instead of enemy chatter I just hear extra random gun fire.

The xEvox mod removing enemy chatter can work playing either side.

Another annoying vox cue is "Enemy spotted!". I swapped that out in the vox files I use for a double squelch break. Also, the deploy screen drumroll is "Securing the area" and the Begin 'honk' is "We need to fall back!".

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1