Close Combat 1 Fan?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 1

#1: Close Combat 1 Fan? Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:16 pm
    —
Found this cc1 book off ebay, the thing looks packed! 320 pages

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Close-Combat-Inside-Moves-Microsoft-William-R-Trotter-Tips-Tactics-Strategies-/122137349950?hash=item1c6ff40f3e:g:c94AAOSwYIxX3Gnb

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Close-Combat-Inside-Moves-Microsoft-William-R-Trotter-Tips-Tactics-Strategies-/122137349950?hash=item1c6ff40f3e:g:c94AAOSwYIxX3Gnb

#2: Re: Close Combat 1 Fan? Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:32 pm
    —
Clearly they took the game seriously.
Better than the manufactured cash cows that the video game industry is now.

In this day and age games should be way more advance than they are now.  Thanks for posting. Is there a online version?

#3: Re: Close Combat 1 Fan? Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:24 am
    —
Bill Trotter also wrote an Inside Moves edition for CC2. For CC1 there is also the Close Combat: Official Strategy Guide.

Back when RTFM meant something wargames used to have comprehensive manuals. CC1's was extensive. The Atomic V for Victory series games had even larger manuals with as many pages as a short novel.

#4: Re: Close Combat 1 Fan? Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:12 pm
    —
I  wish there were PDFs. Yeap I think the guides came out for at least 3 of the games. Sometimes by 2 or more groups.

#5: Re: Close Combat 1 Fan? Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:13 pm
    —
The data file headers and footers for CC3, which had been removed by Atomic, were quietly made available thanks to a 3rd party working on the that guide.

Hard to believe CC1 will be old enough to chug a beer this year.

#6: Re: Close Combat 1 Fan? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:28 pm
    —
Man! that was way back! - When CC1 came I didn't own a computer. - I remember reading a very short review of the game in a newspaper(!) and thinking : - I want this game when I got enough money saved to buy a computer!
A lot of other stuff then happened in the meantime and I ended up getting CC3 as my first CC game.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 1

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1