Are the CC remakes worth getting if have the originals?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Are the CC remakes worth getting if have the originals? Author: DaveySmith1 PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:20 am
    —
Hhi i am a long time CC fan, started with CC2 in the late 90's (which is my favorite, but might be because of nostalgia) and I own all the original 5 games and Gateway to Caen & Panthers in the fog. But I was wondering if the matrix CC games before this were worth getting if I already have the original? and what do they offer over the originals? I'm thinking of buying Last Stand Arnhem because this one seems to be a new game rather than a remake, but let me know your thoughts on this, any advice will be helpful.

#2: Re: Are the CC remakes worth getting if have the originals? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:52 am
    —
TLD and WaR offer new campaigns on a new strat map. They also come with the originals packaged.

Its worth it if you get them onsale. If you pay full price you may be wondering why you paid that much when you see how similar the games are.

#3: Re: Are the CC remakes worth getting if have the originals? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:19 am
    —
Sounds like you are a true fan - So my thoughts are> If you have the means - get all three of them - Did you ever consider getting Modern Tactics?

If you are getting one of the ones you mention - Get LSA - It offers a lot of new functions and you have a points system for the Forcepools and stacking BGs, BGs can attack from 2 directions into a map, Bridge blowing (Yeah was in CC2 as well), Assault croosings over rivers, static units - I also like the user interface of it.
Its actually worth getting LSA just to play Buck and Petes Rheinland mod - Imo its one of the best mods made.

#4: Re: Are the CC remakes worth getting if have the originals? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:36 am
    —
Yes, there are a number of bug fixes (though not all bugs are gone) and some new features added (especially LSA). TLD (and WAR with the latest patch) has the most mods (many old ones have been converted).

#5: Re: Are the CC remakes worth getting if have the originals? Author: DaveySmith1 PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:45 am
    —
Judging by videos I've looked at on youtube seems Cross of Iron has the least new features, only noticed an extra campaign of maps that is separate to the main campaign, and possibly some changes and updates too, so that seems like a no go. WaR and TLD seem to offer a bit more new more content over the originals. But not really enough, for example in TLD i saw included british and canadian forces, but there already is a mod for CC5 for this. And Modern Tactics i watched a review on youtube, seems all the things he says good about it are only in multiplayer, and i'm more of a singleplayer guy (no campaign etc) xD So LSA seems to be the one i'll go for. Thank you Smile

Maybe I will get some more too if there is a sale, at the moment there a bit too pricey for me to buy all

#6: Re: Are the CC remakes worth getting if have the originals? Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:25 pm
    —
yes update the old ones and play them them

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1