CC4 Won't start on windows 10
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 4: Battle Of The Bulge

#1: CC4 Won't start on windows 10 Author: HoboRamirez PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:44 am
    —
I have already tried in two computers, it installs well on both, but everytime I try to run the game, it just doesn't even starts.

I can see it running on the task manager but after a few seconds it closes by it self.

#2: Re: CC4 Won't start on windows 10 Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:48 am
    —
Its not going to be easy or convenient.

First step is to always try to run it in compatibility mode. Right click the desktop icon and go to properties. I don't have Win10 myself so am assuming that process is the same as Win7.

Start with Windows95 compatibility option and work through them all until you find one that works.

If its still not working, you will have to try VMWare. Check this video out...

Link

#3: Re: CC4 Won't start on windows 10 Author: DaveySmith1 PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:35 am
    —
I had this trouble too on Windows 7 for CC4 and CC5, the games didn't start, I think it's something to do with securom or something similar (basically a method of cd check, that microsoft disabled in an update, which stops a lot of older games working unless use a no cd exe).

However installing the latest patch for both games got them to start.

#4: Re: CC4 Won't start on windows 10 Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:16 pm
    —
Did you install the patch?

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=145

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 4: Battle Of The Bulge

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1