artillery support
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

#1: artillery support Author: Huyphan PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:12 pm
    —
Anyone knows how to edit the artillery support for longer time? please help.
                                                                                                               thank

#2: Re: artillery support Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:45 pm
    —
Nope, - Thats not possible as this is hardcoded in the .exe file.

A workaround would be to implement a Forward Observer team with indirect fire capable weapon coded as artillery.
This has been done for several mods for the older CC games.
Its a little involved for a first modding project, but definately doable. All editing is done with the data files of the game in a spreadsheet program like XL.

#3: Re: artillery support Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:52 am
    —
Open /Data/Base/Campaign.txt in Notepad. At the bottom is the fire support data. You can modify the number of tubes firing (= # of explosions per volley on the map), the number of total rounds fired in the support mission, and the number of volleys. I havent tried but if you set the # of rounds to 999 the fire support mission might last longer than the battle  Wink

ex. of slightly modified fire support data:

# Gateway to Caen
#########################################################################
# Fire support data.
# Data is: weapon index, number of tubes, total rounds (will rnd +/- 20%), barrage type (0 = concentration, 1 = rolling), delay first volley (in 0.1s), delay between tubes, delay between volleys, error radius (in map tiles)
#Allied mortar, then Axis mortar
#Allied artillery, then Axis artillery
#Allied prep barrage, then Axis prep barrage

#4: Re: artillery support Author: Huyphan PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:34 pm
    —
thank guys for the quick reply . i may try some let see how it turn out.  Rolling Eyes

#5: Re: artillery support Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:34 pm
    —
Thanks Mick - I never saw that entry! That opens up a lot of possibilities.

#6: Re: artillery support Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:20 pm
    —
I got tired of the ineffective Allied rolling barrage and changed it to a TOT concentration with more rounds. The AI likes to dump that on the nearest enemy VL to start the battle. Makes setting up a forward defense pretty dicey.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1