Problem Running Der Ost Front on CC3 / CoI
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Problem Running Der Ost Front on CC3 / CoI Author: Hicks PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:19 am
    —
With all the files installed (including the maps) I'm able to get to the requisition screen. Certain maps though e.g. Autobahn cause a crash when looking to begin the battle.

There's no error text though on the crash dialogue box, unlike when there is a warning and crash due to the display window size being too big for the dimensions of the in game map.

*EDIT*
I've gone through all the DOF maps and Autobahn 1 is the only one that has this problem. Tried it on both CC3 and CoI as a standalone map it it's the same (crash) result.

Anyone else had this problem and know of a solution?

Thanks in advance.

#2: Re: Problem Running Der Ost Front on CC3 / CoI Author: Hicks PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:29 pm
    —
I've done a little more poking around. Took a map with the same dimensions as Autobahn and one by one renamed the maps files and tested at each stage with a working map. The only file that caused an error is/what would be "Autoban.txt" all others displayed/loaded correctly. Would this be an easy fix? Recompile/adjust? I've never made or edited maps for Close Combat so this is all new to me.

#3: Re: Problem Running Der Ost Front on CC3 / CoI Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:16 pm
    —
Download the fixed autoban.txt file.

#4: Re: Problem Running Der Ost Front on CC3 / CoI Author: Hicks PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:34 pm
    —
mick_xe5 wrote (View Post):
Download the fixed autoban.txt file.

Thank you very much!

What was the problem with the original .txt? If it's simple I'm wondering if I could make the fixes to any other maps that might have the same problem.

Again, thank you Smile

#5: Re: Problem Running Der Ost Front on CC3 / CoI Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:59 pm
    —
The problem was that the base terrain was left uncoded (-1 element value) when it should have been element 137.

#6: Re: Problem Running Der Ost Front on CC3 / CoI Author: Hicks PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:55 pm
    —
I'll know what to look for in future now. Thank you!

#7: Re: Problem Running Der Ost Front on CC3 / CoI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:25 pm
    —
Fixed on CCS. Thanks for the bug report Hicks and mick for fixing it.

#8: Re: Problem Running Der Ost Front on CC3 / CoI Author: Hicks PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:39 pm
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
Fixed on CCS. Thanks for the bug report Hicks and mick for fixing it.

I've got a number of maps saved that had I suspect the same problem. If I can use that fix and get them working how would it be best to make them available again?

Would a value of 0 cause problems? I've just looked at some of the files and they don't have -1 values but they do have 0's.

#9: Re: Problem Running Der Ost Front on CC3 / CoI Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:54 pm
    —
You can zip the files and attach them to a post here.

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1