#1: Not DEAD?? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:35 am
    —
Radio silence.

Spam left for months in forum.

Regular downtime.

Last edited by mooxe on Fri May 05, 2017 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: DEAD Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:55 am
    —
Shaun hasnt logged in on the site in 2 months.

#3: Re: DEAD Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:23 am
    —
Sad to see vapour ware go poof into the ether. The graphics done so far looked promising, and there was a team built. I assume its a lack of money?

#4: Re: DEAD Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:28 am
    —
Actually, on their FB page the last comment posted was on 5th of April. Not posted by Shaun though. I wonder if his ailing health is going to be a problem.

#5: Re: DEAD Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:35 pm
    —
No money no game

#6: Re: DEAD Author: reconscoutLocation: U.S.A. PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:19 pm
    —
I hope he feels better soon if he is not well and that nothing bad has happened to him.

#7: Re: DEAD Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:33 am
    —
I am curious, too. I hope Shaun is ok. Of course, his health is the most important.

I hope, it is just development / financial issues, which make the release of new screens and news take longer than expected.

#8: Re: DEAD Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:41 am
    —
This is very sad news.

#9: Re: DEAD Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:59 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
Radio silence.

Spam left for months in forum.

Regular downtime.

I've cleaned up the spam at both CSO and AOC, however.. I've really not heard anything from Shaun since sent him a package over a year ago in the mail and I've been AWOL for a cpl years myself from CC and pretty much walked out on the historical research job for (then called) TAC when the software was to be loosely based on post Anzio beach head.

Shaun has multiple severe health problems that some (many) probably know about. We used to sort of joke about our various ills in communications. It's not just his heart either. He probably should not have started this project.

Werf

#10: Re: DEAD Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:00 am
    —
1 done.........1 more to go............

Its only a matter of time before TBF becomes unreal and you know it.

#11: Re: DEAD Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:46 am
    —
Oh well, at least stock CC4 still works for me on Win 8.1 and its still fun. Couldnt get original WAR mod to run though  Crying or Very sad

#12: Re: Not DEAD?? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:56 pm
    —
I emailed the contacts on the website, they say its still going, no further details.

#13: Re: Not DEAD?? Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:59 am
    —
Anthony Wingate just posted Seans comments on Close Combat Facebook

"Hia Guys,

It certainly is not vaporware! We have been sorting the engineering and game mechanics out! Also we are building the best psych [human] like AI any wargame has ever had! Every game you play will be different. Civilians, medics, this is a totally new type of Wargame!

We have also developed many aspects of the game which now go much much further than we originally anticipated! There are many aspects of the game that are going to bring much more realism and much more replayability as well as a whole raft of things that have come about from talking and discussing how best to implement and work new items.

Work has never stopped, its just been far more internal and focused on AI, game mechanics and many other things. Art and Animations are ongoing. We have just finished a base civilian animation model. We are using motion capture for many of the animations. We are and always have been aiming for the greatest level of fidelity that we can get.

This is not just the game itself, ultimately we are building a wargame kit! Modding and modding tolls etc will be a huge part of the game.

Apologies for not posting more regular updates, but my own health has had a few setbacks, but the game is making very steady progress!

More SOON!

- S"

Well it may be a long time coming but well done is better than half done...

Hope Sean keeps us posted every month....

Bungy

Close Combat Series -> Art of Combat

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1