Using artillery
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Using artillery Author: kiunga63 PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 am
    —
Much as I enjoy most of the CC series, I find the inability to use howitzers and SP guns for indirect fire infuriating. If mortars can be use for indirect fire, why not these valuable weapons. Any ideas anyone?

#2:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:09 am
    —
The maps are to small for these guns. If indirect fire is introduced youd be able to hit spots that a howitzer in real life would never of been able to hit due to trajectory not really being modelled into the game.

#3: Re:Using artillery Author: Dougal_MacKensieLocation: Richmond,Virginia PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:23 pm
    —
That's one major problem, as the German SPA's are accurate to well beyond 3Km, and the largest maps I've seen (in mods, at least) are only 600m deep.

Another factor, though, is how the modder sets up the weapon parameters. I've really enjoyed how the SPA's can perform direct or indirect fire in the El Alamein mod, so it must be possible.

I think I recall seeing in one of the CC designer's notes, that their range/penetration figures were calculated from the direct fire capabilities of the weapons (eg, the barrel parallel to the ground) Otherwise, the calculations get hideously complex (when one unit is in front of the other, how tall are each, how much resistance to the round is offered, etc, etc). Our little PC's really don't the kind of computing muscle required to calculate this real-time.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1