Russian voices - Battle of Berlin
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Author: brunel PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:35 pm
    —
Hi, I really like the Battle of Berlin mod. I was wondering, how can I add in Russian voices? Currently, the Russians speak in American English! Is there a sound file I can have? Also, as a side note, this mod seems to be different to many of the other mods in that the enemy is very aggressive (I only play as the Germans). Is there a secret formula? Sometimes they camp out but most times they attack in strength. They seem to know exactly where my forces are!

Thanks

#2: Re: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:23 am
    —
You might try using the CC3 RRusvox.sfx file and renaming it to ERusvox.sfx. No guarantee as the CC3 file has 93 sfx where the BoB file has 101.

#3: Re: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:14 pm
    —
You must be using the Berlin mod in CC5 classic. Look in the C:\...\classicCC5\LOCALFX folder and rename DefaultVox.sfx to DefaultVox0.sfx then rename erusvox.sfx to DefaultVox.sfx

#4: Re: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Author: brunel PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:26 pm
    —
Thanks for the response. It's the TLD BOB mod I'm using.

#5: Re: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:01 pm
    —
Copy this DefaultVox.sfx file to C:\...\Close Combat The Longest Day\BOB\LocalFX

#6: Re: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:50 pm
    —
The mod was originally made for Close Combat Invasion Normandy (aka CC5), mods that are transferred over; or are converted to newer releases, tend to be buggy. You get corrupted save files and voices for opposing sides.

#7: Re: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:45 pm
    —
The CC5 BoB version used Russian voices which is the file [renamed] I linked. The modder included the wrong vox file [the original TLD DefaultVox.sfx] in making the TLD version of his mod.

#8: Re: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Author: brunel PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:01 pm
    —
Thanks, it works! Ok, another little bug. The MG42 has two different sounds in this mod. How can I make it one? The light version sounds like a drill!

#9: Re: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:29 pm
    —
Open CCTLD\BOB\Data\Base\Weapons.txt in Excel or similar. In the MG42 row [11] change value 9 to 33 in Column DG. Save.

#10: Re: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Author: Berger PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:40 pm
    —
Hi, brunel, here is the weapons.txt file with the corrected light mg42 sound

https://www.mediafire.com/file/voujxws8v05fjua/weapons.txt/file

Last edited by Berger on Sat May 29, 2021 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

weapons.zip
 Description:
weapons.txt with fixed LMG sound

Download
 Filename:  weapons.zip
 Filesize:  7.49 KB
 Downloaded:  214 Time(s)

#11: Re: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:57 am
    —
I cant answer for other moders because made it for CC5...and YES it doesent work in Multiplayer because it was made before the 5.01 Exe and has the smoke bug because i was stupid and wanted to have airplane graphics with the FO:s...
My dear friend SouthernLand made all the maps and i really would like to make version 2 = never... because real life happends Wink

Greetings Mats

#12: Re: Russian voices - Battle of Berlin Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:30 pm
    —
Look in this forum thread for the TLD "BoB v1.00a Update.zip";
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9891&start=40

BoB v1.00a List of Changes:
- Added CC5 BoB Russian names (RUNames.txt)
- Added DAK_Legion's Fix for the map onwership graphics on the DEBRIEF CAMPAIGN VIEW (StratMap.txt)
- Created a BoB icon
- Edited nations.txt to get Russian voices
- Updated uniticons.bmp to fix icon graphics with lines to the left or right in the Scenario editor
- Updated Grand Campaign
- Updated Historical Campaign

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1