Maps with contour lines
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#21: Re: Maps with contour lines Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:15 pm
    —
ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):

I like them as they are and have no problem understanding where the depressions and hills are, but I guess I am fortunate to have read maps a great deal in real army life:D

Your point in doing this is to make it easier for people who Don't know the maps.......Correct?

#22: Re: Maps with contour lines Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:22 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Also maybe change the lines to depict a rise or fall based on the color of the lines you make.
Say Red is rise
Green depicts a slope

Again your scale can be deciphered on the side of the .OVM with a little bit of Photoshop help.

I understand
Its your work........not mine

Really appreciate your views PM, but this time your were too late for the train:) - I am done with the work on these, but I might make the changes you suggest for PIFT .ovms.

Red rise and Green slope:  - How can this be done? - You thinking based on some "base" elevation level on the map?
Scale is depicted lower right corner on my 1m maps.

#23: Re: Maps with contour lines Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:27 pm
    —
Your point in doing this is to make it easier for people who Don't know the maps.......Correct?

Well, I did the mod because I had a hard time understanding where the hills and depressions were on the maps. Was frustrated that my tanks got shot up because I didnt understand where LOS would  be. So mostly it was an egoistic mod:D But ofc I am happy to share if others can benefit.

When working on the mod I was surprised by several of the maps that had elevations where I never imagined there was one! - So thats my point to be able to read the terrain better.

#24: Re: Maps with contour lines Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:30 pm
    —
We all do Mods based on our on convictions.

Hence Stock Mod

#25: Re: Maps with contour lines Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:32 pm
    —
Yeah that is truly right:)

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2