Help with COI data
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

#1: Help with COI data Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:20 am
    —
Hi guys,

made a full new COI mod with all new data in COI Excel workbook but somehow can't import files.
Attached is a file, line 17 and 21 are copied from COI to compare as I can't import line 18 (F-34) and line 22 (RM-40) to COI.

anyone to help?

cheers,
Dima

COI.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  COI.zip
 Filesize:  70.35 KB
 Downloaded:  565 Time(s)

#2: Re: Help with COI data Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:09 am
    —
I found editing the COI data in excel so frustrating that I started using a csv editor instead: Ron's Editor. It lets me undo any saved edit which is very convenient. Now I edit like this: change a group of data, save, start up the game to test, if it crashes I verify my edits and if I can't find the error undo them and then edit and test one by one. I keep the file open in the editor all the time.
In your data the F-34 has a long range HE that is 150 meters which is shorter than its medium range with 500 meters.
The 50mm has a minimum range for smoke of -1 but fire direction is set to 1.
COI data are so unforgiving that this just might be the issue.

#3: Re: Help with COI data Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:19 am
    —
Thanks Pete, but doesn't work with 1500m for F-34 instead of 150m.

Kind of crazy about it as don't see any problem.

#4: Re: Help with COI data Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:42 am
    —
Got it: change base accuracy of smoke to 0  instead of -1 . Now the game starts up.

#5: Re: Help with COI data Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:02 pm
    —
hmm doesn't work for me Sad

#6: Re: Help with COI data Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:05 pm
    —
I copied your data over mine. Wouldn't work as you said, I made the change I suggested initially, wouldn't work but it did start up after changing that smoke value to 0. Don't know what else I can do.

#7: Re: Help with COI data Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:12 pm
    —
Could you plz attach your txt file here

#8: Re: Help with COI data Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:22 pm
    —
Yes will do if I knew how  Embarassed  I get the message "The Extension txt is not allowed.

#9: Re: Help with COI data Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:24 pm
    —
I pm'ed you in FB on your and buck's page.
let's talk there if you are fine with that.

#10: Re: Help with COI data Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:24 pm
    —
As a zip file then.

Weapons.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Weapons.zip
 Filesize:  6.3 KB
 Downloaded:  548 Time(s)

#11: Re: Help with COI data Author: reconscoutLocation: U.S.A. PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:47 pm
    —
I would be definitely interested in trying your new mod if you are able to work out the bugs. Good luck!

#12: Re: Help with COI data Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:54 am
    —
Anyone to help me finish it? Smile

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1