Help! battle making troubles
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: Help! battle making troubles Author: alienzombie101 PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:18 am
    —
I've been slowly converting The Battle of the Scheldt to tLD and I'm having the hardest time trying to figure out how to remake the battles, campaigns, and ops. I know Ccreq used to be the way to go with the, but it isn't compatible with tLD, at least not from what I've seen and tried.

Meuse and Okinawa and a few others managed to get converted, but I'm stumped. Dang it, how did you guys remake the battles (DATA/BASE/BATTLES), campaigns and ops?! With Google and forum searches the only thing I've found is hex editing.

I appreciate any guidance you guys can give me on this.

#2: Re: Help! battle making troubles Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:16 pm
    —
Good to see another great CC5 mod getting converted.

I would think you have to remake each battle/OPS/Campaign by creating each instance in the ingame Scenario editor.

#3: Re: Help! battle making troubles Author: alienzombie101 PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:01 pm
    —
Hmm. I'd have to set up the strategic map first, then. How does setting up the individual battles tie in with doing the campaigns and ops in the in-game scenario editor? And is there a way to get the same setup from the original mod's campaigns and ops into the new ones, or would I have to examine the files with a CC5 tool and re-create it as best I can with tLD's scenario editor?

#4: Re: Help! battle making troubles Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:55 pm
    —
Yes, stratmap and Campaign.txt has to be done first. Battles use single maps, Operations and campaigns use multiple maps - I believe use of the Scenario editior is explained clearly in the TLD manual?
To get the same setup I would open CC5 with the scenario editor open in one window and TLD scenario editor in another window (Both with the mod installed ofc) - switch back and forth to get inputs from the original to plot into the conversion.

#5: Re: Help! battle making troubles Author: alienzombie101 PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:36 pm
    —
Is there a way of doing it that won't require CC5? I can get it for really cheap on Amazon, but I'm hoping I won't have to do that.

#6: Re: Help! battle making troubles Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:48 pm
    —
Its available for DL for free in the DL section of this site mate.

- Remember to install the 5.01 patch as well

#7: Re: Help! battle making troubles Author: alienzombie101 PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:01 pm
    —
Oh. I didn't know it was abandonware now. Fair enough, then. I'll give it a go. Thanks, bud! You're always a help.

#8: Re: Help! battle making troubles Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:31 pm
    —
No problem alienzombie101. Good luck with the mod conversion.

#9: Re: Help! battle making troubles Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:30 am
    —
ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
Good to see another great CC5 mod getting converted.

I would think you have to remake each battle/OPS/Campaign by creating each instance in the ingame Scenario editor.

Yes, that is how I converted Meuse battles/ops/campaigns....

#10: Re: Help! battle making troubles Author: alienzombie101 PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:26 pm
    —
Excellent, thank you. I gave it a go last night with a quick test battle on a stock map. I got it figured out. I appreciate the help, guys.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1