Gateway to Caen and PITF mods?!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Gateway to Caen and PITF mods?! Author: GeneralSauce PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:14 pm
    —
Hello,

Im just curious, with the windows 10 thing that has ruined the play of several of these games we love, Im wondering if anyone has any plans for building mods of say German/Russian battles or other scenarios using the 32 bit PITF and GTC.   It would be great on these cool new maps to have 7 or 8 man teams and have the play ability of Cross of Iron and some of the other greats.  I know nothing of building mods, so its easy for me to ask, but i was just curious.  Im assuming the because its 32 bit, it may be much harder and time consuming to mod and what not, but i see that someone has done it with a vietnam mod for GTC.  If we essentially had a cross of iron or WAR in 32bit graphics, that would be amazing!   any insight into the future of these games is much appreciated!  thank you!

#2: Re: Gateway to Caen and PITF mods?! Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:36 pm
    —
I dont know of any completed or in the works Eastern front mod for PITF/GTC. I think someone was working on a WAR conversion...

About making mods - Its time consuming no matter if its 16 or 32-bits graphics. But 32-bits does not make it any harder - Basically it just means that each image in the game uses an Alpha channel - that is a kind of mask for the actual displayed image ingame.

#3: Re: Gateway to Caen and PITF mods?! Author: GeneralSauce PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:56 pm
    —
thank you!  WAR would also be sweet!

#4: Re: Gateway to Caen and PITF mods?! Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:05 pm
    —
An Eastern Front mod for GtC would be nice. There's lots of documents now on the soviet formations and stuff. The problem is the maps, they are like mini paintings lol

#5: Re: Gateway to Caen and PITF mods?! Author: reconscoutLocation: U.S.A. PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:53 pm
    —
I agree a COI-CC3 eastern front mod would be great, I picked up Gateway to Cain a few months ago and would really enjoy fighting on the eastern front

#6: Re: Gateway to Caen and PITF mods?! Author: GeneralSauce PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:37 pm
    —
I'd like to see a return to larger teams.  I love the 8/9/10 man teams from cross of iron.   The tiny 4 and 5 man teams just dont do it for me.   I also really liked the requisition point part of COI, that none of the newer games have.   I like making a battle where each person gets say 500 points and you get to pick your own toys.

#7: Re: Gateway to Caen and PITF mods?! Author: GeneralSauce PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:41 pm
    —
I'd like to see a return to larger teams.  I love the 8/9/10 man teams from cross of iron.   The tiny 4 and 5 man teams just dont do it for me.   I also really liked the requisition point part of COI, that none of the newer games have.   I like making a battle where each person gets say 500 points and you get to pick your own toys.  Also I wonder if its possible to have a mod that removes the fog from panthers in the fog.  I feel like it was one of those ideas at slitherine that seemed like a great idea, but just didn't work out.  Its pretty annoying.  Anyone else feel that way?   I like it other than that.

#8: Re: Gateway to Caen and PITF mods?! Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:43 am
    —
You can remove the fog by ticking off a box in options under general.

#9: Re: Gateway to Caen and PITF mods?! Author: GeneralSauce PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:01 am
    —
Thats right i forgot you could.  Played for first time in like 5 years the other day.  I couldn't help thinking why anyone would play on that setting.   I think that they are also some of the best maps in all the series', but in conjunction with the little teams and the whole force pool set up, it is a let down. I also really dont like the way the mortars operate and I want to be able to build a battle with whatever teams i want within reason.  If you could take these maps and play any of the other series's on them, especially COI, that would be my perfect game.  I'd also really like to be able to mount troops on a tank and move them across the map.  It would take larger maps for that to make sense.

#10: Re: Gateway to Caen and PITF mods?! Author: dj PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:14 am
    —
Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
An Eastern Front mod for GtC would be nice. There's lots of documents now on the soviet formations and stuff. The problem is the maps, they are like mini paintings lol

Absolutely!  The always made the new CC games for West Front.  Wish there were new CC rewrites or mods on East Front.  Only way it could work I think is converting existing maps but then the scale would be ginormous.
My wishlist would be Dreaded88's Grossdeutchland mod conversion.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1