Free deploy mod
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

#1: Free deploy mod Author: GeneralSauce PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:11 pm
    —
Does anyone remember a free deploy mod for CC3?  It allowed you to place the russian/german deployment squares wherever you wanted.  So you could make a map that ran north to south, or in the center (like bastogne was) and surrounded.  As opposed to the current way, where the entire "east' and "west" sides are permanently in german or russian hands.  I couldn't find it and was wondering if it existed and if so, does it exist for Cross of Iron?  If not that would be an awesome update.  Thank you!

Gen Sauce

#2: Re: Free deploy mod Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:56 pm
    —
Are you not referring to the Free deploy tool?
If you can't find either mod or tool here then you could try at closecombat.org

#3: Re: Free deploy mod Author: southern_land PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:09 am
    —
Finn mod used free deploy a lot

#4: Re: Free deploy mod Author: GeneralSauce PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:26 am
    —
i found it.  it was just titled Fdeploy and i was searching for "free".  Do you remember how its used?  No instructions.  ive played around with it for awhile, not sure exactly what to do.  You get to the Free Deploy Editor and it asks you to select a map.  But you can't select a single map because they are broken into the 6 different file types that make up the map file.  .los, .ovm. mmm, .bgm, etc.

#5: Re: Free deploy mod Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:06 pm
    —
FDeploy asks you to load a CC3 Battle Maker file (ie. a scenario file from CC3/Games/Battles). Map control is only tracked in the scenario file, not the map files.

FDeploy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  50.46 KB
 Viewed:  6684 Time(s)

FDeploy.jpg

#6: Re: Free deploy mod Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:26 am
    —
FDeploy defaults to the CC3 directory. Point the FDeploy 'Look In' menu to COI/Games/Battles to edit COI scenarios.

#7: Re: Free deploy mod Author: KG_BrandenburgLocation: Austin,Tx PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:41 pm
    —
I used to use Free Deploy for every online battle I ever made in CC3.. When I started messing with COI again awhile back.. The very 1st program I looked for in my stack old stack of CC DVD's  was not the mods/maps but that one program.. then the mods/maps..LOL  such is my fondness for that program

#8: Re: Free deploy mod Author: GeneralSauce PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:57 pm
    —
Ill give this a try.  I dont remember having to do this, but its been quite some time.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1