2 Brit Snipers - their story
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: 2 Brit Snipers - their story Author: sod98 PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:20 pm
    —
- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/8376808/Dead-Men-Risen-The-snipers-story.html

#2: Re: 2 Brit Snipers - their story Author: Citrus PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:24 pm
    —
I see that killing and death tolls are something to be celebrated.  Article presents sniping by occupation forces as a sport.

#3: Re: 2 Brit Snipers - their story Author: sod98 PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:47 pm
    —
Citrus wrote (View Post):
I see that killing and death tolls are something to be celebrated.  Article presents sniping by occupation forces as a sport.

That's correct, just like hunting.

#4: Re: 2 Brit Snipers - their story Author: Citrus PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:33 pm
    —
I'm wasn't aware that hunters celebrate how many ducks they killed over the course of their lifetime.  The only hunters I know who keep body counts are pest control hunters, and they keep a record for conservation purposes; not for pride in killing.  

It's disturbing that snipers and most hunters share a common sick mindset.

#5: Re: 2 Brit Snipers - their story Author: sod98 PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:42 am
    —
I'm wasn't aware that hunters celebrate how many ducks they killed over the course of their lifetime.  The only hunters I know who keep body counts are pest control hunters, and they keep a record for conservation purposes; not for pride in killing.  

It's disturbing that snipers and most hunters share a common sick mindset.

Then you don't know many hunters then. Also who cares what you think as all of what you post is rubbish anyway.

#6: Re: 2 Brit Snipers - their story Author: sod98 PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:03 am
    —
Off the subject but hunters keep tallies of the number of kills and where the have kills so they don't over shoot an area. Conserving the area of future hunts. Ducks although do stick to regions at times, will travel long distances when chased / hunted. Animals tend to stick to traditional patches but over a larger time span will move too. I hope I have taught you something...........but doubt it. Hunting would be too hard for some.

#7: Re: 2 Brit Snipers - their story Author: Citrus PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:00 pm
    —
No need to be rude.  I'm merely expressing my opinion on the glorification of sniping in the media and it's similarities to hunting.  If you know hunters who pedantically keep body counts of every duck they killed, then I stand corrected.
I've done bird hunting when I was younger, but realized how depraved it is.  

To answer your question, I care about my opinions and what I think, because I'm awesome.

#8: Re: 2 Brit Snipers - their story Author: sod98 PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:00 am
    —
No need to be rude.  I'm merely expressing my opinion on the glorification of sniping in the media and it's similarities to hunting.  If you know hunters who pedantically keep body counts of every duck they killed, then I stand corrected.
I've done bird hunting when I was younger, but realized how depraved it is.  

To answer your question, I care about my opinions and what I think, because I'm awesome.

No need to be rude about others activities like hunting just because you were a useless shot and it was too hard for you.

#9: Re: 2 Brit Snipers - their story Author: JFFulcrum PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:55 pm
    —
Many German snipers had a two to three digits large list of kills during WWII. This doesn`t helped Nazis to win. Same there.

#10: Re: 2 Brit Snipers - their story Author: Citrus PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:53 pm
    —
sod98 wrote (View Post):
No need to be rude about others activities like hunting just because you were a useless shot and it was too hard for you.

You think it's rude to say that killing animals for entertainment is depraved?

What you said about me personally is far different than my opinion on a sport that uses living creatures for target practice.

Admittedly, I was a poor shot, which caused greater suffering for the animal I killed.  But seeng the animal suffer also made me realize there is nothing "sporting" in killing any creature.  Instead it's a lie that hunters tell themselves or other people to justify the entertainment and glee they get from killing an animal?  If hunting was about achieving the perfect shot, hunters would never leave the target range.

tom cruise.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.65 KB
 Viewed:  5832 Time(s)

tom cruise.jpg

#11: Re: 2 Brit Snipers - their story Author: sod98 PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:09 am
    —
If hunting was about achieving the perfect shot, hunters would never leave the target range.[/quote]

See once again you show very little knowledge of hunting as one part of hunting is placing the shot perfectly. Other parts are the find and stalk, recovery of the animal otherwise you don't take the shot etc. You obviously mix with very different people who give up easily.

Do you buy and eat meat ? Hunted game is so much better for you as it isn't given growth hormones so the animal grows quick for the market. Also contains no preservative like meat from shops so it lasts longer in the freezers. The animals aren't factory breed and aren't only destined for a slaughter chain. I could even describe how domestic animals are treated from farm to slaughter house etc. However you will probably just say that you are a vegetarian - otherwise another name for a poor shot.

A range is for the old guys who can no longer walk the Alps or in your case a domestic footpath past the front of a butchers shop to get your fill of contaminated meat.

Citrus.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.4 KB
 Viewed:  5822 Time(s)

Citrus.jpg

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1