Editing tank values???
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

#1: Editing tank values??? Author: CCebola PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:02 am
    —
Looking to get a bit more punch (armor piercing) out of some tank units and maybe change armor thickness. Looking for a tool that suits this need. I have limited experience in editing CC files but did some back in the day with CC3..  I remember something vaguely about columns AH-AM or something like that (probably not even relevant to my question) but don’t remember the program or actually what i was editing at the time.

#2: Re: Editing tank values??? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:59 am
    —
You need to DL the Excel Workbook for PITF then copy and paste the relevant data.txt files from your GTC installation into it.
The only different coloumns between PITF and GTC data is in the elements data.
When edit is done the coloumn headers are removed so only the data is saved as tab de-limited.txt file (I am not sure thats what is says in the English Excel version) and added to the games base/data folder. (remember backups)

You can see this thread for a discussion on adjusting armor values and where the different values come into play.
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11457

#3: Re: Editing tank values??? Author: CCebola PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:21 am
    —
Thank you for your response. I saw a line in that thread that Mooxe referred to as “modify ammunition strength” I guess essentially that would achieve what I am looking to do. So what file should I look for that setting and any other tips you could give me in that area would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by CCebola on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total

#4: Re: Editing tank values??? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:53 am
    —
You will find "Penetration data" for each weapon in the game in the Weapons.txt file. - Wich you can edit via the workbook.

Armor penetration is called "Kill Rating" in the data - there will be a value for each of the distances set in the range coloumns (AY-BR)
Another value is "Blast ratiing" - This is penetration for a circular radius around the impact point of the round.

If you look to adjust AP-rounds vs tanks - edit the "Kill rating" coloumns.

#5: Re: Editing tank values??? Author: CCebola PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:35 am
    —
OK, so been tinkering with it all night, the mod I am currently playing i am having problems taking out a M1A2, Leopard 2AS and even Leclerx tanks with any T-90s (80,or 72). T-90 (80 and 72) says it uses a 125mm sabo and M1A2 etc use 120mm L44.

T-90 should be able to take any one of these down but I always get black circle from all angles when trying to fire. I even tried copying all of the values of 120mm to the 125mm columns but still never get the green circle from any angle. Any thoughts on what could be the issue here?

#6: Re: Editing tank values??? Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:37 am
    —
Check that the Kill rating of the 125mm gun is higher than the Armor value of the tanks you want it to kill

Kill rating in "Weapons.txt" and Armor values in "Vehicles.txt"

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1